PDA

View Full Version : Some Path of Devestation Questions

Warjacked83
05-10-2015, 07:33 PM
My local hobby shop in Martinsburg (Your Hobby Place) started their League last sunday and I didnt join it until today. Only played one game but wasn't aware after choosing a faction we needed to use it's hero every game and didn't since I didn't know. Question is whether or not I gained xp basically on that one. Easiest fix I could figure is mine started out at the Apothecary healing.

Didn't see anywhere listing it but are they free or count as the normal points cost towards our forces each game?

Third is I chose Mercenaries and have some ideas plucking (even if I don't own a Sea Dog Boarding Crew unit or Rifleman yet) but with the conversions rules how do we go about it if it's a one piece model? I'm guessing I'm gonna have to have fun with the bone saw but wasn't sure.

Thanks in advance for any replies and sorry if it's in the wrong spot but it's been ages since I've logged in on here. lol

DarkLegacy
05-10-2015, 07:49 PM
1. Talk what XP you'd gain over with your TO. Technically, you'd choose to not play with the Hero, thus not gain any XP.
2. They cost normal points but are FA C.
3. I'm not sure what you mean. You convert it, sometimes that means you have to break out some tools. One piece versus multiple pieces doesn't matter for the conversion.

clangedinn
05-11-2015, 10:47 AM
by rules since you did not take a hero in a amtch where he should have been you would of gained no xp as your next match would be a new hero and that would wipe your previous xp. I would talk with your EO (event orginizer) and see what they can do for you.

Warjacked83
05-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the answers figured as much it'd be along those lines so just switching it to Retribution then since I don't own a Seadog Rifleman and it being week 3 would be a waste of time to wait on it to come in and it can't be a kit bash has to be the bulk of that exact model. Was only six points lost anyways since it was Mother's Day and only one guy showed up.

Warjacked83
05-17-2015, 05:58 PM
Sorry for the double post but had a new one kick and figured just add to this one. Got two games in today finally game one hero killed so had it sit out game two since my dice rolling is that bad to avoid it straight dying. Does it gain xp for the second game or no since it was at the Apothecary? Under Hero Upgrades it reads "Each time a player completes a game of WARMACHINE or HORDES in which he used his Hero model, he can spend XP to purchase one Upgrade for
his Hero."

Also guessing the way it's worded only one upgrade per game then so if they've painted a decent amount in between games they have to do one upgrade at a time?

Falkman
05-17-2015, 10:48 PM
The hero still gains XP while at the Apothecary, but you cannot spend it until after the next game the hero participates in.

Warjacked83
05-18-2015, 06:22 AM
Cool thought I read it right what about the other question with only being able to buy one upgrade at a time??? Think that one's self explanatory but figured might as well ask. First time doing this type of league and want to be sure. It feels like Mordheim to me personally.