PDA

View Full Version : epic krueger storm wall and feat question.

jack frost
05-11-2015, 07:37 PM
okay so I have a question about timing, measuring, and game state knowledge.

1. I am playing against krueger2 who has used his feat and has the spell "storm wall" in play. when my model activates when do I get to find out whether I am within the control area or not? do I get to check after declaring that my model is moving or do I check after movement (for the -2spd effect of the feat). do I again get to check after declaring that I am shooting or do I get to find out after I have picked a target?

or are there different stages I get to find out both or either of those peices of information.

2. regardless of when I get to find out whether my model is within epic krueger's control area or not, is the distance from epic krueger to my model now public information (obviously if my model wasn't in the control area my opponent would not have measured past their control area but ignore that idea for now).

basically, if my model is inside epic krueger's control area is the distance from krueger to my model now public information?

reasoning: in order to check whether my model is within epic krueger's control area my opponent must check their control and measure from epic krueger to my model. since all measurements are public knowledge then...

thank you.

haze no ki
05-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Krueger2's feat is a "pulse", it affects enemy models that are in his control area at the time he feats. Those models are pushed, and suffer -2 SPD regardless of where they are in relation to Krueger when they activate. The distance to them when Krueger feats is public knowledge, though, as is the distance they are pushed.

For Storm Wall, you measure when it becomes relevant. That is, when Krueger's opponent makes a ranged attack or when one of his ranged attacks deviates. Check if it's in Krueger's control area, apply Storm Wall if yes.

Alviaran
05-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Note that the distance from Krueger to your model is only public information when the feat is popped. It is not uncommon for Krueger to end up being moved by Telekinesis or Stones after he has feated. You measured when he popped his feat, but don't get to see the distance except for that moment.

subversive
05-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Both of the above posters are correct. You find out if you're in Krueger's control area when he pops his feat. At that point, you can know the precise distance from Krueger to your model since it has to be measured to determine whether the model is in. Since the feat pushes a specific distance in a straight line directly away, can can also math out the final position, assuming you didn't bump into anything that cuts the push short. On your activation, you get nada. If Krueger hasn't moved since the feat, you might still know, but if he moved after, all bets are off.

Light'emup
05-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Quick note: No player should ever measure PAST his control area to see if something is affected by a feat, etc. You would merely measure the control area in the direction of said model when it is relevant, if the model is beyond the CTRL area then it's out. You don't get to keep going to find out how far out he is. Other than that the previous posters Are correct.

jack frost
05-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Okay so what about storm wall.

If i declare shooting do i find out after declaring a target or before?

haze no ki
05-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Okay so what about storm wall.

If i declare shooting do i find out after declaring a target or before?

After declaring target. You measure when the effect becomes relevant, i.e. when you are about to measure for a ranged attack that Storm Wall could affect. Measure to see if the attacker is in Krueger's control area, modify range of the attack if yes, then measure range for the attack.

Storm Wall does not change what is and isn't a legal target, it's more like stealth and less like spell ward.

jack frost
05-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Okay thats all the stuff :)