PDA

View Full Version : Question about Warbeasts

kaempfer0080
05-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Posted this in New Member's Area and realized that, despite being a stupid question, is probably going to get answered a lot faster here:

'm a new player, I've only been playing a couple weeks. To my knowledge, a Warjack can only make enough actions as it has focus allocated to it. If you give it 3, it can charge, attack with all its attack, and purchase an extra attack. Or any combination of actions that cause fury. I'm also pretty sure a warjack with 3 focus could make 3 power attacks, right?

What about warbeasts? I thought they could act as many times as the character wants to, each action adding a fury point, up to the warbeasts max fury. My question here is I've stated to notice a lot of spells that let a warbeast do xxx without generating fury. For example. eHoarluck has a spell, Wild Aggression, which says friendly warbeasts in his battlegroup can run,charge, or power attack slam or trample without being forced and gains boosted damage rolls.

Does this mean they can do ONE of those actions for free, and nothing else? I also recall an ability on the Gorax that lets it make (power attacks or just throws? can't remember" for free if damaged. Is that also one only? I'm assuming none of these abilities just let a warbeast, or even Warjack because I'm sure there are similar abilities, sit there and make an infinite amount of actions.

tuttleboy
05-16-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm also pretty sure a warjack with 3 focus could make 3 power attacks, right?

A power attack does cost a focus to use but you can only do one per turn unless special rules allow you to make another.

As for beasts, the bit about not generating fury is most likely a special rule of some kind.

kaempfer0080
05-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Oh okay, one power attack per turn makes a lot of sense. I remember shuffling through the rulebook looking to see if it said that, but couldn't find it. Thanks for clearing that up.

And about the warbeasts, I guess none of the spells I've found have said anything about buying extra attacks without being forced, but these are only a couple that randomly caught my eye.

Ravir
05-16-2010, 08:53 PM
No, it means they can do specifically that without being forced (adding fury), but after that, they can be forced normally. You mentioned eDoomshaper's Wild Aggression. It's actually an upkeep on a target beast, not all beasts in the battlegroup. I wish, then it'd be as gloriously and horrifically broken as Karchev's Unearthly Freaking Rage. So, let's put Wild Aggression on Mulg. Mulg has 5 fury. With Wild Aggression, he charges for free. He gets to the target, makes his charge attack with the tree, and has a boosted attack roll, also because of Wild Aggression, and boosted damage because it's a charge attack. He then makes his second initial attack, with boosted attack roll, but not boosted damage because only the first attack is a charge attack. At that point, he has not been forced for any fury. He can then, if the player chooses, be forced up to 5 times to buy additional attacks, and each one of those will have boosted attack rolls (but not boosted damage) because of Wild Aggression. Last, because of his Affinity to Doomshaper, if the last thing he hit is still alive and in melee range, he gets another attack w/ boosted attack roll. And a fun time was had by all. Er, at least by Mulg.

And you can only make one power attack per turn unless special beast/jack rules apply. Combat action options are defined at the very beginning of that section, I think. Everything after that is regular focus spending / fury generation. And if they don't have a special ability or spell effect, the power attack does cost 1 focus / generate 1 fury.

*edit: beat me to it*

kaempfer0080
05-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Awesome. Thanks so much for the help.