PDA

View Full Version : Aim and Slipstream

M0Dark
05-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Can you cast slipstream with a seraph then aim and place a model that is within 2"?
The slipstream entry on the card says "When this model ends its normal movement. One ff model that this model moved within 2" of its placed completely within 2" of ff models current location."
Moved isn't a game term I have seen used elsewhere, I would expect to see advanced if it was to mandate the seraph actually moving.
Thanks

Malkav13
05-23-2015, 12:24 PM
No. In order to aim you forfeit your movement, and thus never end it.

The Captain
05-23-2015, 12:38 PM
No. In order to aim you forfeit your movement, and thus never end it.

False. Forfeiting movement still triggers all effects that happen at the end of movement. Forfeiting does not, however, fulfill the requirements for "advances and ends its movement" triggers. (See Prime, p. 65.)

That said, a model that forfeits its movement does not move, so my interpretation would be that it does not trigger Slipstream, because the model never moved within 2" of another model.

(Moving refers to advancing, and also being slammed, thrown or pushed. It's not really very common for models to be subject to these forms of movement furing the movement portion of their activations. The only possible circumstance I can come up with would be free strikes, but you're unlikely to take free strikes by forfeiting your movement, so that doesn't really apply to this question.)

Malkav13
05-23-2015, 07:53 PM
That's correct. That is what I was thinking, but I said it wrong.

Leonard_Dukes
05-23-2015, 08:19 PM
A model that forfeits its movement does not fulfill the requirements to trigger Slipstream.

Reference: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?93078-Slipstream-and-forfeiting-movement&p=1245063&viewfull=1#post1245063