PDA

View Full Version : Cyclops brute Shield guard and intuition

stygmatyr
05-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Tried searching for the answer and i'm getting nothing so i need to know if these abilities can be used together

Shield guard
Once per round, when friendly model is directly hit by a ranged attack during your opponents turn while within 2" of this model, this model can become the target of the attack and be automatically hit instead.

Intuition
When an enemy model targets this model with an attack and the attack roll results in a hit, you can immediately give this model 1 fury point to cause the model to reroll the attack

If i were to use shield guard, as the cyclops is now the target would i be able to force them to reroll the attack with intuition or not?

Cheers

Rynth
05-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Shield Guard makes the attack auto hit. Perhaps you can Intuition it, but it still auto hits.

Tsaimath
05-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Since you don't make an attack-roll to hit the Shield Guard there is no trigger for Intuition so you can't reroll the attack-roll that wasn't made ;)

Dino-Czar
05-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Does this mean that because no attack roll was made critical effects aren't applied to the Brute. regardless of the initial roll?

If, therefore, one wanted a critical effect on the Brute they would then have to re-roll and that could be subject to Intuition?

stygmatyr
05-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Ok, i can see the logic there. Always good to get a new perspective. Thanks guys :)

NmoLvr
05-18-2010, 07:36 AM
You can't re-roll the attack just because you feel like it. You rolled an attack roll on the target model, and your opponent then declares they're using shield guard. There is nothing you can do about it. Whatever your attack was now directly hits the model with shield guard. There is no opportunity for making another attack roll.