PDA

View Full Version : Epic Deneghra's Dark Banishment ability

toadslick
05-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Hello! I've got a question about the Dark Banishment ability on Epic Deneghra's weapon.

The card states that I can move a damaged model d6 + focus distance in any direction. Since this could mean up to 13 inches, it sounds like I'd be able to do things such as:

Move the damaged model to a deep trench or high cliff
Move the damaged model off of the board, therefore removing it from play
Model the damaged model high in the air, therefore making it take lots of falling damage

Am I wrong about being able to use the weapon ability in these ways?

Valander
05-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Yes, you could move them into a trench. You can't, however, move them off the board (check Prime for "leaving playing area" I think), nor can you move them 13" up and drop them.

In general, Dark Banishment allows you to place models. There are specific rules for placing models in the rulebook, on p 48 I think. You must follow all the rules in that section when using Dark Banishment.

silverpuppy
05-18-2010, 11:45 AM
yes you are wrong, for the most part....

you would move the model away from your model, you cannot move a model off the playing table with an ability with out the remove from play effect or destroying the model. also there is no rules that would allow you to raise a model into the air and cause damage in such a manner. the cliff and trench rule would possibly be able depending on how your terrain was distinguished, if it was impassable terrain you would not be able to push them into said area. if it was a cliff or trench with a measured distance to the ground could be used in such a manner

rydiafan
05-18-2010, 11:46 AM
yes you are wrong, for the most part....

you would move the model away from your model, you cannot move a model off the playing table with an ability with out the remove from play effect or destroying the model. also there is no rules that would allow you to raise a model into the air and cause damage in such a manner. the cliff and trench rule would possibly be able depending on how your terrain was distinguished, if it was impassable terrain you would not be able to push them into said area. if it was a cliff or trench with a measured distance to the ground could be used in such a manner

A placed model is neither moved nor pushed.