PDA

View Full Version : Assail and ranged slams

eyescrossed
06-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Does Assail add to the distance on the slam of the Banshee's gun, for example?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-05-2015, 12:40 AM
...Models slammed by the warjack are moved +2.

I think so. It just says models slammed, not models slammed by Power Attack Slam.

scout's honor
06-05-2015, 12:52 AM
I think so. It just says models slammed, not models slammed by Power Attack Slam.
It does say "by the warjack". I'm not at all sure that a slam that is the result of getting shot by a warjack is (meant to be) the same as a slam done by the warjack. A ruling seems to be in order.

Mastershake
06-05-2015, 12:56 AM
It does say "by the warjack". I'm not at all sure that a slam that is the result of getting shot by a warjack is (meant to be) the same as a slam done by the warjack. A ruling seems to be in order.

The jack is still doing the slam.

scout's honor
06-05-2015, 01:03 AM
The jack is still doing the slam.
Momentum is a trait of the Force Cannon, not the Banshee. Again, I don't think we can be sure.

Mastershake
06-05-2015, 01:07 AM
Momentum is a trait of the Force Cannon, not the Banshee. Again, I don't think we can be sure.

And what model is using the force cannon to attack? I think you're reaching with one. It's a slam effect being produced directly in the course of making an attack by the model with Assail.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-05-2015, 01:58 AM

And it is Banshee who make the Force Cannon attack, and makes slam of Momentum. Why you think that it is not make the slam? It is the part of the attack.

vintersbastard
06-05-2015, 02:19 AM

Combo Smite is a trait of the Ram Pistons, nonetheless the Marauder has been able to benefit from Assail for the last five years without opposition (cf. here (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?12895-Marauder-combo-attack-slam-charge-damage&highlight=assail+marauder)).

Papa-smurf
06-07-2015, 08:04 AM
Talked to dark legacy the other day at lock and load about this specific situation and agreed that the wording in it would allow the slam to increase the distance, but the intent of the spell was to benefit the power attacks only. Told me that I should consider it to not work until they could errata it.

Xarian
06-10-2015, 12:28 PM
I find this dubious at best. The Marauder has been accepted as being able to use Assault for its Combo Smite, which is also not a power attack. I don't expect that they'll change an old rule just because of the Banshee.

DarkLegacy
06-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Checking...

RoninFather
06-10-2015, 03:15 PM
If they Errata it at this point, after five years with it being done the other way on the marauder, then they really are going to piss people off.

DarkLegacy
06-10-2015, 03:21 PM
If they Errata it at this point, after five years with it being done the other way on the marauder, then they really are going to piss people off.

Please keep these comments off this forum. They are not relevant to the forums, nor does implying a threat to a ruling improve your chances for a ruling you want.

Locking until answered.

DarkLegacy
06-17-2015, 06:50 AM
Assail will affect Momentum.

Papa-smurf
06-17-2015, 11:55 AM
What is this legacy!!! You killed my dreams if this working at lnl and now you restore them.

DarkLegacy
06-17-2015, 11:58 AM
What is this legacy!!! You killed my dreams if this working at lnl and now you restore them.
<shrug> I'm a destroyer of dreams.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-17-2015, 12:07 PM
<shrug> I'm a destroyer of dreams.

Not always though.

Thanks for the answer. then is it safe to say that all slam effects are affected by Assail, not just slam power attack?

The Captain
06-18-2015, 03:34 AM
Not always though.

Thanks for the answer. then is it safe to say that all slam effects are affected by Assail, not just slam power attack?
It has worked on combo-smite since the dawn of Mk2, so I think it's safe to assume so, yes.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-18-2015, 03:38 AM
It has worked on combo-smite since the dawn of Mk2, so I think it's safe to assume so, yes.

Thanks. Then it will works with any slams....