PDA

View Full Version : Epic Saryn and Ryas, double dominate?

Unseen
06-05-2015, 06:56 AM
Can they?
I now Coven can't, but are the twins diffrent enuf(unit vs not unit and such) that they can?

Dose this box count as offical relese like butcher3?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-05-2015, 07:24 AM
You will not get the official ruling until it is officially released(the release date of the model itself, of the book that contains that model).

Maybe they will give us the ruling for that.

godchyld76
06-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Aren't the models legal once they are released at a convention? So the ruling would be required soon.

LEJ
06-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Aren't the models legal once they are released at a convention? So the ruling would be required soon.

No. Models are legal on or after their street date.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-05-2015, 08:06 AM

No, unless PP confirmed that that is the time for their official release(like as Butcher3 did).

LEJ
06-05-2015, 08:18 AM
No, unless PP confirmed that that is the time for their official release(like as Butcher3 did).

B3 was not an exception, his street date was the same as the convention release.

Alviaran
06-05-2015, 08:21 AM
B3 was not an exception, his street date was the same as the convention release.

Incorrect. His street date was like 4-6 months later, but because his box was available online rather than only on site, it was considered his general release (everyone had access to him, theoretically). Thus, he was kind of an exception.

LEJ
06-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Nope. The Con release was considered his official release. No exception.

I'm not sure why this is important though.

Sigmatron
06-05-2015, 08:52 AM
And I thought the Coven could double dominate as each model is a warcaster?

IceShadow
06-05-2015, 08:59 AM
SR2015 rules: When a warcaster or warlock can dominate more than one scenario element, the active player must choose one to dominate. So no they can't and I imagine the twins will be the same.

Ref: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?188386-Witch-Coven-and-Domination-Rules&p=2452553&viewfull=1#post2452553
(Thread locked without infernal comment)

Unseen
06-05-2015, 09:38 AM
SR2015 rules: When a warcaster or warlock can dominate more than one scenario element, the active player must choose one to dominate. So no they can't and I imagine the twins will be the same.

Ref: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?188386-Witch-Coven-and-Domination-Rules&p=2452553&viewfull=1#post2452553
(Thread locked without infernal comment)

A warlock(Saeryn) only dominates one thing.
A 'nother warlock dominates other thing.

Hacksaw is Infernal on SR matters. But Coven is not Warlock unit. Coven Rulings is fiat. Mebby Not appliess to Twins.

Larnu
06-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Part of the card does state that they count as a single warlock for army construction purposes and your warlock (singular) is destroyed when both are destroyed or removed from play. I would therefore conclude that SR2015 would treat them as a Warlock as well, which cannot dominate more than one objective/flag at a time.

Hacksaw is Infernal on SR matters. But Coven is not Warlock unit. Coven Rulings is fiat. Mebby Not appliess to Twins.

Top of the card states "Legion Epic Blighted Nyss Warlock Unit".

LEJ
06-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Oops, wrong forum.

Mod_Neldar
06-07-2015, 03:25 AM
A warlock(Saeryn) only dominates one thing.
A 'nother warlock dominates other thing.

The Witch Coven is A warcaster.
The Talons of Everblight is A warlock.

There is no difference between them on this matter.

No double or triple dominating.

Divine Might
06-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Part of the card does state that they count as a single warlock for army construction purposes and your warlock (singular) is destroyed when both are destroyed or removed from play. I would therefore conclude that SR2015 would treat them as a Warlock as well, which cannot dominate more than one objective/flag at a time.

Top of the card states "Legion Epic Blighted Nyss Warlock Unit".

If they are a unit, doesn't that mean the unit has to be within 4" to dominate just like a regular unit and control.

Mod_Neldar
06-07-2015, 07:01 PM
If they are a unit, doesn't that mean the unit has to be within 4" to dominate just like a regular unit and control.

No. The 4" bubble applies to units controlling a flag.

A warlock unit can't control. Only the warlock needs to be present to dominate. In the case of the Talons, either trooper in the unit can dominate but neither can contest or control as both are warlocks.

LEJ
06-08-2015, 02:12 AM
They cannot "double dominate".

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-08-2015, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the answer!