PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Projection and engaged grunts

Charming
06-06-2015, 03:28 AM
Psychic Projection allows the Mind Bender to channel through engaged drudges. I've always read the rule as the channeling through engaged drudges is qualified by first electing to channel through a drudge, because of the wording "when it does" and what that concept implies. But maybe I'm reading too much into the sentence. To clarify, which of the following is correct:

A:
1. Elect to channel a spell and choose a drudge to channel through, this follows the normal rules for channeling i.e. the drudge can't be engaged
2. Choose up to two additional drudges to channel through, these can be engages as per the second half of the second sentence in the rule.
3. Do the attacks and be happy

B:
1. Elect to channel a spell and here the second half of the second sentence comes into effect and the bender can choose up to two more of those grunts and cast the spell once through each, even if the channeler is engaged.
2. Choose up to three drudges and channel through them even if they are engaged
3. Do attacks and be happy

So: can the first drudge be engaged?

solkan
06-06-2015, 05:21 AM
This model can channel spells through grunts in this unit that are in formation. When it does you can choose up to two more of those grunts and cast the spell once through each, even if the channeler is engaged. Grunts in this unit that channel a spell this way are then removed from play.

They're all channeling using the custom conditions because they all get removed: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?202485-Mindbender-and-Drudges-Psychic-Projection-Question&p=2690023&viewfull=1#post2690023

So if the "Grunts in this unit that channel a spell this way are then removed from play" clause applies to all three, the "cast the spell once through each, even if the channeler is engaged" clause is going to apply to all three as well.

Charming
06-06-2015, 07:07 AM
You may be right but the reasoning regarding the engagement doesnt follow from the rfp ruling. They are different sentences and "this way" refers to the rule Psychic Projection itself rather than the addition of drudges. The ruling for criteria for the additional drudges and pissibly the initial drudge are the same sentence which makes it messy