PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Witch Hound question, eHaley, and Thorn

risu
05-18-2010, 04:24 PM
OK. I have done some searching on the forums and not been able to find anything on the topic directly. Based off of other topics though I think I have the timing issues resolved in my head but I just want to be sure that I have them right.

Situation: E-Haley versus Reznik

E-Haley's turn she channels domination through Thorn's arc node at a Guardian

Way we played it:

Domination hits
Guardian activated and moved back towards Reznik where he takes a strike. Domination ends
Witch Hound then went off.
Guardian moved back towards Thorn. Takes a strike and gets a critical pitching Thorn into a unit of troops. Thorn KD'd.
Thorn's 3" channel move goes off. Opponent kindly let me stand him up as we were not sure when the move should have happened (Which I now is wrong).

Now, us not knowing the timing didn't lose either of us the game but it was an interesting timing question we were unsure of.

My thoughts on what should have happened (this is what I would like cleaned up if you guys could help).

Domination hits Guardian.
Guardian moves but does not make a strike yet. Thorn moves for having spell channeled.
Witch Hound kicks in. Any model in Reznik's battle group may be selected other than the Guardian as it is not currently in his battlegroup
Witch Hound Attack resolves, then ends.
Guardian, if still able to, now finishes his strike. Then reverts back to original players control

It seems a bit wonky thats why I'm asking but my understanding of the timing rules are listed below

1) Any effects of the active players except attacks resolve
2) then any effects of the inactive player resolve (including attacks)
3) then active player resolve attacks

How would you have played it?

petegrrrr
05-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Witch Hound specifically states "after the attack is RESOLVED"
You played that part right. All effects of an attack must take place before witch hound works.

As for Thorn, It would move at the same time as Witch hound, but since you are the active player, thorn would move FIRST.

risu
05-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Thank you.

So then we resolve the entire domination sequence of events first

1) Advance
2) Attack
3) Return Control

Then witch hound and Thorn's Reaction Drive kick in. However I get priority.

OK all clear, only disappointing thing is that they can use witch hound on the jack i just moved out of position.

Thanks again

Mootaz
05-19-2010, 01:19 AM
So then we resolve the entire domination sequence of events first

1) Advance
2) Attack
3) Return Control

Then witch hound and Thorn's Reaction Drive kick in. However I get priority.
This is correct.