PDA

View Full Version : cra and assault

max2323
06-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Can I assault for extra distance (as long as I'm not shooting into melee) and then Cra? The way I'm reading it you can, but my gut says it weird.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Assault order says that the troopers are not able to make Combined Ranged Attacks to their Assault ranged attack.

Ranged attack granted by Assault ignore target in melee penalty, although it will randomize when the attack miss.

max2323
06-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Righto, but what if they are not in melee st the.end of the charge and are.just using assault to gain extra distance? Had it happen to me today, we both agreed to allow it but were both unsure.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-07-2015, 02:09 AM
Righto, but what if they are not in melee st the.end of the charge and are.just using assault to gain extra distance? Had it happen to me today, we both agreed to allow it but were both unsure.

The last sentence of Assault says that the models are able to make the ranged attack against their charge target anyways.

solkan
06-07-2015, 04:40 AM

If a model under the Assault order fails its charge, they're still subject to

Models that receive this order cannot make combined ranged attacks this activation.

That prohibition flat out prohibits them from making combined ranged attacks during their activation. So it won't matter whether their charge fails or succeeds.
They received the order, they cannot make combined ranged attacks.

They can still make their individual ranged attacks, as specified

As part of a charge, after moving but before making its charge attack, an affected model can make one ranged attack targeting the model charged unless they were in melee with each other at the start of the affected model's activation.
plus

If the target is not in melee range after moving, the affected model must still make the ranged attack before its activation.
but that doesn't change the prohibition against CRA.

max2323
06-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Cheers! x 10