PDA

View Full Version : Turn to face/charge movement question

Moore
06-07-2015, 05:07 PM
I've read the rules about Charge and think it works like this:
Jack activates declares Beast as charge target, Jack turns to face the beast and charges into melee range.

But I'm told this is wrong and it works like this:
Jack activates declares beast as charge target, Jack moves THEN turns to face its target to get into melee range.

Which is correct?

haze no ki
06-07-2015, 05:28 PM
First, you need line of sight to the target, which normally means it needs to be in your front arc. (A jack or beast needs to pay a focus or be forced to charge. A unit needs an order.)

You charge along a straight line that will bring you to where your charge target is in your melee range if nothing stops you or you run out of movement. You can't choose to stop before you're out of movement.

If you get the target in you melee range, your charge is successful. Turn to directly face the target, then make a melee attack against your target. If you charged at least 3", that attack is a charge attack, and automatically boosted.

There's more to it, but these are the basics.

Mod_Neldar
06-07-2015, 05:50 PM
I've read the rules about Charge and think it works like this:
Jack activates declares Beast as charge target, Jack turns to face the beast and charges into melee range.

But I'm told this is wrong and it works like this:
Jack activates declares beast as charge target, Jack moves THEN turns to face its target to get into melee range.

Which is correct?

You do both. If your model has LOS to the model you want to charge you turn to face a direction that will eventually get you into melee with your target. When you get there, you turn the charging model again to directly face the target.

In practice, the first step is often assumed and not bothered with.