PDA

View Full Version : Animus? Animi?

Choragi
05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm getting confuse of those two words while I'm reading HORDES Field test rulebook.

Is it correct that Animi are the plural form of Animus?

If that is right, I'll be appreciated that telling me page numbers of Field test rulebook which specifing those two words.

Choco
05-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't have the rulebook, but yes, it's the plural form of Animus. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in the test book since it's been a part of the game for such a long time that PP might not feel the need to clarify that until the official book is released.

rydiafan
05-18-2010, 09:37 PM
It's not going to be specified in the rules any more than the fact that "solos" is plural for "solo" is going to be. It may be Latin, but it's a standard pluralization, not a Hordes specific rules term.

Mootaz
05-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Yes, Animi is standard plural of Animus.

dhow tocor
05-19-2010, 05:10 AM
I'm getting confuse of those two words while I'm reading HORDES Field test rulebook.

Is it correct that Animi are the plural form of Animus?

If that is right, I'll be appreciated that telling me page numbers of Field test rulebook which specifing those two words.

Animus is a Latin word adopted by English. Without going into a lesson on how Latin forms its words, suffice it to say Animi is the Latin plural for Animus.