PDA

View Full Version : Reeving Fury

Detharious
06-27-2015, 03:14 PM
As a new player- and someone who players Warmachine personally I don't have a complete grasp on Horde mechanics. Reeving in particular. Is there any way to prevent an opponent from taking fury off of their warbeasts? As my opponents just reeve it if you kill the beast. Alternatively- are you only suppose to be able to reeve on your turn?

haze no ki
06-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Reaving can only be done when a warbeast in your battlegroup is destroyed by something other than a friendly attack or transferring damage to it.

If the beast is removed from play before being destroyed they can't reave. (Snacking, take down etc.)
If the beast is outside the controller's control area they can't reave. (Push it, throw it, slam it, place it etc.)
If you attack the warlock and they transfer a beast dead, they can't reave. (Just shove enough damage down their throat and they will go down.)

Reaving can be done on any player's turn, but it's far more common on an opponent's turn as that's when most beasts die, especially as friendly attacks are excluded.

Bob Marley
06-27-2015, 03:29 PM
This is mostly a tactics question, Reaving can happen in anyone's turn.
You can't reave from a warbeast destroyed by friendly models , including transfering to it. Other than that there are a few models that can add or remove fury from enemy warbeasts, messing up with the amount that can be reaved/leached (and that might be left on warbeasts, risking frenzying)

Leonard_Dukes
06-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Reaving can only be done when a warbeast in your battlegroup is destroyed by something other than transferring damage to it, one of your own attacks, or collateral damage by your own attacks.

Collateral damage is not considered to originate from a model or an attack, and is not one of the things that prevents reaving fury from a destroyed warbeast.

haze no ki
06-27-2015, 03:36 PM
The question might have been better suited for another part of the forum, yes. I didn't notice where it was when I responded.

Aren't the Hordes quickstart rules, including reaving etc., on PP's site somewhere?

Leonard_Dukes
06-27-2015, 03:40 PM
The question might have been better suited for another part of the forum, yes. I didn't notice where it was when I responded.

Aren't the Hordes quickstart rules, including reaving etc., on PP's site somewhere?

Indeed, they are:

http://privateerpress.com/files/Hordes%20MkII%20DemoRules-WEB.pdf

Detharious
06-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Ah- thank you guys. I guess my last question regarding this matter than is that if a beast is GIVEN a fury through an outside source (I know of Saxon Orrik only atm) can it exceed the maximum amount of fury they can normally generate?

Leonard_Dukes
06-27-2015, 03:50 PM
Ah- thank you guys. I guess my last question regarding this matter than is that if a beast is GIVEN a fury through an outside source (I know of Saxon Orrik only atm) can it exceed the maximum amount of fury they can normally generate?

Unlike Warlocks, a Warbeast can never have a number of fury points on it exceeding its current Fury stat (ref. Hordes Primal MkII, p73).