PDA

View Full Version : Massacre timing question

silluen
06-30-2015, 09:01 AM
If a Nephilim Soldier uses its animus Massacre on a Scythean, when does the animus' effect trigger?

Let's assume that the Scythean moves more than 3", charge is successful and it destroys its charge target with its first initial melee attack.

Which of the following is(or "are" if multiple) correct?

1-a) Move 1" and make an additional attack. Then make its second initial attack.

1-b) Move 1" and make an additional attack. Lose its second initial attack because additional attacks are already started.

2-a) Keep the effect and make second initial attack first then use the kept effect : move 1" and a free additional attack.

2-b) Forgo the effect and make second initial attack. No additional movement and free additional attack.

The Captain
06-30-2015, 09:20 AM
1-a) Move 1" and make an additional attack. Then make its second initial attack.
This one. Additional attacks that are generated by your initial attacks don't make you forfeit the rest of your initials. You lose your initials only if you buy additional attacks before making all of your initials.

EDIT: The reason why you can't store the Massacre effect for later is that the effect happens when you're still technically resolving your charge attack, in steps 12b an 12d in the Attack resolution chart (Primal, p. 237).

silluen
06-30-2015, 05:07 PM
Then I've played it right. Cool~

I was worried about what if I assassinated on a basis of wrong interpretation. When I saw the rule after the game I was confused because there wasn't "immediately" among the text.

Thank you very much for your answer, Captain!