PDA

View Full Version : epic Rhyas and Saeryn dominating outside of command

Gekkota
07-13-2015, 05:23 AM
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. There were many questions about the Talons of Everblight and I lost track of them all. I have, however, not found anything on this topic:

Can Rhyas dominate a zone or flag when outside of Saeryn's command range? I am pretty sure she can, because unlike for controlling there is no rule in Steamroller which hinders a model out of command from dominating. I just like to see confirmation in case I'm overlooking something.

The corresponding rules from Steamroller:

Dominate
A player dominates a zone if he owns one or more warcaster or
warlock models within it and no opponent contests it.
A player dominates a flag if he owns one or more warcaster or
warlock models B2B with the flag and no opponent contests it.
When a warcaster or warlock can dominate more than
one scenario element, the active player must choose one
to dominate. When two or more warcasters/warlocks can
dominate the same zone, or flag, only the active player’s
warcaster/warlock dominates.

Warcaster/Warlock Units
A warcaster/warlock model in a warcaster/warlock unit can
dominate in accordance with the scenario element guidelines.
Non-warcaster/non-warlock troopers in a warcaster/warlock
unit can contest scenario elements but cannot control them.

DarkLegacy
07-13-2015, 05:28 AM
Checking... so it is all in one place.

DarkLegacy
07-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Rhyas2/Saeryn2 cannot dominate while out of formation.

SpecialK
07-13-2015, 08:05 AM

This only applies to Rhyas, correct?

vintersbastard
07-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Rhyas2/Saeryn2 cannot dominate while out of formation.This only applies to Rhyas, correct?
Well, Saeryn is of course always in formation, so DL is formally correct.

solkan
07-13-2015, 09:03 AM
This only applies to Rhyas, correct?

It applies to both. It's unlikely that Saeryn (as officer) is ever going to be out of formation, but it's possible.

The unit commander is always going to be information; and the officer starts off as the unit commander; but once models start getting removed and returned to the unit, you could end up in a situation where Rhyas is the unit commander (and thus in formation) and Saeryn is the one that's out of formation.

SpecialK
07-13-2015, 09:17 AM
It applies to both. It's unlikely that Saeryn (as officer) is ever going to be out of formation, but it's possible.

The unit commander is always going to be information; and the officer starts off as the unit commander; but once models start getting removed and returned to the unit, you could end up in a situation where Rhyas is the unit commander (and thus in formation) and Saeryn is the one that's out of formation.

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

Leonard_Dukes
07-13-2015, 09:19 AM

If a trooper with the Officer advantage is returned to play in a unit, it becomes the Unit Commander of that unit.

(Somewhat ironic) reference: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?147990-Unit-Commander-amp-Officer-brought-back-by-eMorvahna-s-feat&p=1921044&viewfull=1#post1921044 and Infernal confirmation (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?187846-Morvahna-the-Dawnshadow-Feat-Blood-Sacrifice-Officer-Placement-Question&p=2444576&viewfull=1#post2444576).

Gekkota
07-14-2015, 02:24 AM

Thanks for the clarification.
Still don't know why though. I was pretty sure she can. So good thing I asked I guess.

Gekkota
07-14-2015, 02:25 AM
double post...

bropps85
09-25-2015, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure if it's ok to ask but could we get an explanation?

Larnu
09-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Firstly. Thread necromancy is bad, and will result in an automatic lock, with no answer from an Infernal.

Secondly, no. Infernals don't give reasons for end decisions, just like you don't for the errata.

rydiafan
09-26-2015, 06:29 AM
As written there is nothing preventing it, but it is intended that they cannot. This will be clarified in future versions of Steamroller so that RAW matches RAI. For the remainder of SR2015, however, it's just "because we say so."