PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Aggressive

Kovnik Rammaric
07-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Just making sure that I did this right, in a game against Cygnar Beast-09 was charged by a Centurion which failed to kill him, the enemy caster was safe in my back arc at the time. When the charge attack dealt damage to me I activated hyper aggressive advanced 0 inches towards the Centurion but adjusted my arc to now include pCaine as a valid charge target keeping Centurion in my front arc as well. Was this correct? I know the movement is legal and I believe after a full advance you can change your facing. Also is there any reason that I could not have completely changed my facing, exposing my rear arc if I wanted?

Michael
07-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Hyper Aggressive specifies "directly toward", correct?

AcidOverride
07-15-2015, 07:46 AM
When you move "directly toward" something you directly face that model, so you cannot choose your facing at the end unfortunately.

Kovnik Rammaric
07-15-2015, 07:47 AM
Hyper Aggressive specifies "directly toward", correct?

Yes, does that mean the facing has to be directly towards as well? that is the main question. I did not use the movement to close distance to the enemy caster or move away from the warjack attacking me. If you have to face directly towards a model after making a full advance out of activation then wouldn't the wardog always expose his back arc?

Kovnik Rammaric
07-15-2015, 07:50 AM
When you move "directly toward" something you directly face that model, so you cannot choose your facing at the end unfortunately.

But during an advance you are allowed to change facing correct? Is there a pg of the rule-book or a errata I am not seeing? I am definitely not a expert on the rules, but I feel like if this is allowed there are some interesting facing shenanigans to be pulled with hyper-aggressive.

**edit**

I believe that you are right, but if I could have a page number so I can reference this rule while playing that would be great. Or if that is too much trouble I can just look it up later.

AcidOverride
07-15-2015, 07:55 AM
Technically while advancing you face the direction you are going. Normally advances don't have to be "directly toward" so you do not have any issues, but when one is, even at the end of the movement you don't get to freely choose facing because the whole movement had to be in that direction.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?81823-Question-about-Beast-09-and-Hyper-Aggressive

Also pg 48 (where "directly towards" is defined) states that a model may not change facing after advancing directly towards.

Kovnik Rammaric
07-15-2015, 09:27 AM
Also pg 48 (where "directly towards" is defined) states that a model may not change facing after advancing directly towards.

You guys are the best! :D

Briard
07-15-2015, 05:12 PM
I guess the matter is already resolved, but I always thought of changing facing as being "Moving 0" in the new direction".
Unless that new direction is "directly towards", you would not be able to move 0" to face anywhere else.