PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on Wall of Steel.

MichaelM
07-17-2015, 08:27 PM
A question about Wall of Steel. So here it goes. Spell: "While in this model's control area and B2B with one or more models in this model's battlegroup, models in this models's battlegroup cannot be knocked down and gain +2 DEF." My question is if you have multiple jacks. Do they have to have a model touching a jack for the jack to receive the bonus?

The way I see it is as follows. "While in Anson Durst's control area and B2B with one or more of his Jacks" Comma (So this is the basis of the spell and conditions to be met.)( Anson touches 1 jack and there are jacks of his battlegroup within 12"s.) "Jacks in Durst's battlegroup cannot be knocked down and gain the +2DEF."

So by this view as long as I get Anson to B2B with 1 jack all his jacks within 12" get +2DEF and no knockdown?.

or

Do you have to have someone touching EACH jack while within 12" of Durst for the jacks to receive the bonus?

Which is correct?

Grey Templar
07-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Each member of the battle group must be btb with another member of the battle group to gain the ability.

Leonard_Dukes
07-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Look at a model.

Is it in Durst's control area?

Is it Durst, or another model in his battlegroup?

Is it in B2B contact with Durst or another model in his battlegroup?

If the answer to all of those questions is "Yes" then that model gains +2 DEF and cannot be knocked down.

Do this check for each model individually.

solkan
07-17-2015, 08:39 PM
In order for model X to benefit from ""cannot be knocked down and gain +2 DEF" model X has to satisfy the "while in this model's control area and B2B with one or more models in this model's battegroup" personally.

If you have a dozen models in the battlegroup, and five of them satisfy the conditions of being in the control area and in base contact with another model in the battlegroup, then only those five get the benefit. The other seven won't.

Edit: :Stealth::Shield:

DarkLegacy
07-17-2015, 08:47 PM
It is not your first opinion.

Templar, solkan, and Leonard are correct.

MichaelM
07-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the response. I just cant see taking 12 jacks though for 5 to get the benefit. LOL. But rereading the spell I see where I took it wrong.

"While in this model's control area and B2B with one or more models in this model's battlegroup, models in this models's battlegroup cannot be knocked down and gain +2 DEF."

The first part are the conditions but what is the WHO in it. it is the "MODELS" ie. Jacks. So you HAVE to pair up jacks or Durst and a jack/jacks if you want the benefit got it.

Funny though if you have Durst using Cornerstone and he casts this spell. Half of the spell is useless to those touching Durst anyways. Due to the fact they receive cornerstone from Durst also.

The Lieutenant
07-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the response. I just cant see taking 12 jacks though for 5 to get the benefit. LOL. And if Durst is doing cornerstone and B2B with 1 or more Jacks they wont be knocked down anyways. So for this to work then if he casts the spell 2 jacks have to be B2B and with 12" of Durst. Got it.

Or Durst and a jack have to be in BtB. He is also in his own battlegroup.

regleant
07-19-2015, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the response. I just cant see taking 12 jacks though for 5 to get the benefit. LOL.

I'm not sure how you came to that interpretation. So long as all 12 jacks are B2B with another jack in the battlegroup and Dursts control area, they all get the bonus.

Leonard_Dukes
07-19-2015, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the response. I just cant see taking 12 jacks though for 5 to get the benefit.

I'm not sure how you came to that interpretation. So long as all 12 jacks are B2B with another jack in the battlegroup and Dursts control area, they all get the bonus.

Earlier in the thread...

If you have a dozen models in the battlegroup, and five of them satisfy the conditions of being in the control area and in base contact with another model in the battlegroup, then only those five get the benefit. The other seven won't.