PDA

View Full Version : Rallying

Khador247
07-23-2015, 12:45 PM
I should definitely know this by heart but I'd like some clarification please.

Suppose in my opponent's turn I have to take a command check for massive casualties and fail the check. Then suppose I decide to run 0 inches.

What happens in my turn? When do I get to try and rally? What happens if I pass the check this time?

Grey Templar
07-23-2015, 12:56 PM
You don't move fleeing models on your opponents turn.

At the end of any turn in which a unit failed a command check to flee, they take another command check to see if they rally.

if a unit is fleeing when it activates, it cannot move towards enemy models. It can run 0" if it wishes.

If a unit fails a terror/abom check on its own activation it immediately becomes fleeing and must follow the rules for that condition.

Khador247
07-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Ok, so if they flee in my opponent's turn I take another check at the end of my opponent's turn to see if they rally?

CrazyIrishman
07-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Assuming you took the casualties during your opponent's turn, it does move at that time, but is considered to be fleeing. A fleeing model/unit has certain restricitons, such being unable to make ant attacks, even free strikes. When you activate the fleeing unit/model on your turn, all it can do is run, and running 0" is of course an option. At the end of that unit's activation, you can attempt to rally the unit. If passed, it is no longer considered fleeing and can activate normally on it's NEXT activation (assuming it doesn't flee again for some reason). If failed, then it's still fleeing and you repeat the process.

SageofLodoss
07-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Opponent's Turn

1) Opponent forces a check with terror/abomination or spell (Hellfire) or causing enough losses.
2) You make the check and fail.
3) You do nothing, save maybe mark the unit as fleeing if you wish, and opponent continues with his turn.
4) During *your* turn, when you choose to activate the fleeing unit, the unit obeys the rules regarding not moving toward enemy models, etc. Whatever you decide to do with them, at the end of that activation you roll another check to rally. If you fail, you have to do this again for another turn. If you pass, then the unit will be able to activate normally on your next turn.

Your own Turn

1) You encounter terror or some other form of fleeing command check during your turn. Make a command check. You fail it.
2) Unit is now fleeing, so its activation immediately ends. As a fleeing unit that has ended an activation, you may make another command check at the end of their activation. This gives you the possibility of activating them on your next turn even though they effectively lost their current one. Failing this command check puts you in the unwanted position of having lost both your current and next activation with that unit if you don't have a way to force them to rally. If you're in that position, then you resolve it just like 'Opponent's Turn (4)' on your next turn.

Xeurian
07-24-2015, 07:44 AM
This has been ruled upon before. As far as I know, it still stands:

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?33246-When-does-a-rally-actually-take-place&p=2846474&viewfull=1#post2846474

vintersbastard
07-24-2015, 07:56 AM
This has been ruled upon before. As far as I know, it still stands:

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?33246-When-does-a-rally-actually-take-place&p=2846474&viewfull=1#post2846474
This is exactly what SageofLodoss described in the second part of post #5.

Xeurian
07-24-2015, 11:52 AM
This is exactly what SageofLodoss described in the second part of post #5.

Perfect. There is the evidence to support it if anyone wants it.

Khador247
08-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Opponent's Turn

1) Opponent forces a check with terror/abomination or spell (Hellfire) or causing enough losses.
2) You make the check and fail.
3) You do nothing, save maybe mark the unit as fleeing if you wish, and opponent continues with his turn.
4) During *your* turn, when you choose to activate the fleeing unit, the unit obeys the rules regarding not moving toward enemy models, etc. Whatever you decide to do with them, at the end of that activation you roll another check to rally. If you fail, you have to do this again for another turn. If you pass, then the unit will be able to activate normally on your next turn.

Your own Turn

1) You encounter terror or some other form of fleeing command check during your turn. Make a command check. You fail it.
2) Unit is now fleeing, so its activation immediately ends. As a fleeing unit that has ended an activation, you may make another command check at the end of their activation. This gives you the possibility of activating them on your next turn even though they effectively lost their current one. Failing this command check puts you in the unwanted position of having lost both your current and next activation with that unit if you don't have a way to force them to rally. If you're in that position, then you resolve it just like 'Opponent's Turn (4)' on your next turn.

I forgot to check back on this thread. Thank you for clearing that up.