PDA

View Full Version : Focus: Additional Attack - Normal attack?

Raggsokk
07-23-2015, 01:08 PM
If you use Focus/Fury to gain an additional attack. Is that attack considered a normal attack? Is a boosted attack normal?

I'm reading the rules for Beat Back, and the word normal attack confuses me a little :)

FifthColumn
07-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Yes. "Normal attack" refers to those attacks which aren't Star Attacks or Power Attacks. Therefore, if you buy an additional attack it is necessarily a normal attack because you can't buy a Star or Power attack.

FifthColumn
07-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Yes. "Normal attack" refers to those attacks which aren't Star Attacks or Power Attacks. Therefore, if you buy an additional attack it is necessarily a normal attack because you can't buy a Star or Power attack.

Edit: I'm assuming you're looking at the Bronzeback. You can use Beat Back to pinball him through the line with each initial and bought attack (as long as you didn't use those initials for something like a Slam or a Head Butt. Beat Back also doesn't trigger off of the Power Attack granted by Grab & Smash). Use that Animus on Molik Karn who already has Side Step, and you get a salsa machine halfway across the table.

solkan
07-23-2015, 03:30 PM
If you use Focus/Fury to gain an additional attack. Is that attack considered a normal attack? Is a boosted attack normal?

I'm reading the rules for Beat Back, and the word normal attack confuses me a little :)

There's a one sentence definition for "normal attack" that is easy to miss:

A normal attack is an attack with a weapon that is not a special attack.
(and special attacks are identified as special attacks by the *Attack term, the words 'special attack', or by being a power attack.)

When you buy an additional attack, that additional attack is a normal attack. You can force to boost the attack and damage rolls for that attack (doing so won't make it stop being a normal attack) but you still have to follow the rules for the warbeast in question--boosting isn't free unless you've got a special rule that says otherwise.