PDA

View Full Version : Charge and Telekinesis

Grimolf
07-30-2015, 01:53 AM
So, I have some questions about charging.

1) Can a model with the Telekinesis spell (Krueger2) charge one of his own models and then after movement, but before taking the attack, cast TK to move himself out of range, avoiding having to attack his own model? If so, is it considered a failed charge? Or, can he continue to cast spells?

2) Could Krueger2 charge and enemy model and note that he was not within 2" after his movement, so cast TK on the enemy to bring it into range and still get to attack it? Would it still count as a charge attack (getting the boosted damage)?

Thanks for clarifying these things for me.

Sigmatron
07-30-2015, 02:21 AM
1) Yes, it was a successful charge so that is legal.

2) No, because once you fail a charge your activation is over.

SmoothTouch
07-30-2015, 02:21 AM
So, I have some questions about charging.

1) Can a model with the Telekinesis spell (Krueger2) charge one of his own models and then after movement, but before taking the attack, cast TK to move himself out of range, avoiding having to attack his own model? If so, is it considered a failed charge? Or, can he continue to cast spells?

2) Could Krueger2 charge and enemy model and note that he was not within 2" after his movement, so cast TK on the enemy to bring it into range and still get to attack it? Would it still count as a charge attack (getting the boosted damage)?

Thanks for clarifying these things for me.

1) Yes and it counts as a successful charge so he can cast spells afterwards.

2) No, if he fails a charge his activation is done.

Boris YELLtsin
07-30-2015, 02:22 AM
You check to see whether or not you succeed or fail a charge when the model ends its charge movement. If the charge target is in the charging model's melee range at that point, then it is a successful charge. If not, it's a failed charge and the activation immediately ends.

In the case of 1), yes you can cast TK to move away from your own model to avoid attacking it and the activation will proceed as normal.
In the case of 2), no because your charge failed and when that happens the model's activation immediately ends.