PDA

View Full Version : Clarification: Los and making melee attacks

doublecheeze
08-06-2015, 01:32 AM
had scenario happen that involved 3 small bases two being mine and one being his. Both of my models were in the front arc of his model, one of my models were obstructing his front arc to my other model but he could draw line of sight from the back of his base ( he only has line of sight if he can draw a line from his volume to my front arc?), so if I move that model out he would be able to make a free strike, as melee only states it needs to be in your melee range and line of sight.

We played as would be able to make a free strike.

If his volume couldnt draw a line to my front arc then he couls not be able to make a free strike?

vintersbastard
08-06-2015, 02:50 AM
Because whatever you're describing sounds horribly mangled, I'll simply quote the relevant rules on LOS:

1. Draw a straight line from any part of Model A’s volume to any part of Model B’s volume that is within Model A’s front arc.
2. (...)
3. The line must not pass over the base of an intervening model that has a base size equal to or larger than Model B.

Follow these statements to the letter, and you'll be fine.

AcidOverride
08-06-2015, 08:48 AM
He has line of sight if he can draw a line from ANYWHERE on his base, to ANYWHERE on your base, ASSUMING the point on your base is in HIS front arc. Your front arc doesn't matter.

doublecheeze
08-06-2015, 09:49 PM
He has line of sight if he can draw a line from ANYWHERE on his base, to ANYWHERE on your base, ASSUMING the point on your base is in HIS front arc. Your front arc doesn't matter.

just so I understand this completely, if the line I draw to another model touches a point thats within my front arc, regardless if an intervening model is blocking my front arc, I have line of sight and can make an attack if in range? does this scenario change if say an obstruction is in the way?

juckto
08-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Regardless if smaller based intervening models are in the way.

Only if the obstruction is higher than what you're trying to see.

doublecheeze
08-06-2015, 11:54 PM
perfect thanks all