PDA

View Full Version : Making an impact attack with a model with cavalry model that also has flight

hardbap
08-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Does a huge based cavalry model with flight need a spot to land when making an impact attack?

Here is a situation that came up: There were two intervening models, a warjack first and then a warrior model, in between the Soul Weaver and the enemy caster. The Soul Weaver had Ghost Walk on her and a declared charge against the enemy caster. She flew over the first model, the 'jack' and I did not want to make an impact attack. I did however want to make an impact attack against the warrior model. The issue was that there was not enough room for the Soul Weaver to land so I wasn't positive that I could make an impact attack on the second model.

DemonCalibre
08-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Does a huge based cavalry model with flight need a spot to land when making an impact attack?

Here is a situation that came up: There were two intervening models, a warjack first and then a warrior model, in between the Soul Weaver and the enemy caster. The Soul Weaver had Ghost Walk on her and a declared charge against the enemy caster. She flew over the first model, the 'jack' and I did not want to make an impact attack. I did however want to make an impact attack against the warrior model. The issue was that there was not enough room for the Soul Weaver to land so I wasn't positive that I could make an impact attack on the second model.

As far as i know, you need to have a spot, when you stop, you actually have to stop in a legal position.

hardbap
08-09-2015, 04:43 PM
As far as i know, you need to have a spot, when you stop, you actually have to stop in a legal position.

That's what I thought and how we handled it but I wanted to double check. Thanks.

Leonard_Dukes
08-09-2015, 04:51 PM
DemonCalibre is correct. The same logic applies to making an Impact Attack in any other "illegal parking" spot, such as atop a linear obstacle: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?99222-Impact-attack-across-linear-obstacle&p=1326982&viewfull=1#post1326982