PDA

View Full Version : Croak raiders and ravagore shots

Stubbyholders
08-09-2015, 09:34 PM
Are raiders immune to ravagore shots? If so, where is it that states that a weapon with multiple damage types means you only need to be immune to 1 of them to them ignore it? Just so I know the rule.

Leonard_Dukes
08-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Are raiders immune to ravagore shots?

Croak Raiders (and any model with Immunity: Fire and/or Immunity: Corrosion) are immune to damage from a Ravagore's Blight Blast attack.

If so, where is it that states that a weapon with multiple damage types means you only need to be immune to 1 of them to them ignore it? Just so I know the rule.

Immunities are advantages that protect models from some types of damage and effects. A model never suffers damage froma damage type to which it is immune. If the damage has multiple damage types, a model that is immune to any of the types will not suffer the damage.

AcidOverride
08-09-2015, 09:40 PM
It is a binary thing. Are you immune to the type of damage? If yes, then you are immune to it.

A hypothetical weapon is Fire, Cold, and Electric. It attacks a model.
That model is Immune: Cold
There are three binary questions to be asked, if any of the answers are yes, then you are immune to the attack.
Are you Immune: Fire?
Are you Immune: Cold?
Are you Immune: Electric?
Since the answer to the middle one is yes you are immune to it.

So for Raiders against Ravagore shots it is:
Are you Immune: Fire?
Are you Immune: Corrosive?
Raiders are Immune: FireCorrosion, so they are immune to Ravagore ranged damage.

SageofLodoss
08-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Raiders are Immune: Fire, so they are immune to Ravagore ranged damage.

Raiders are immune to corrosion, not fire. So they are immune to a Ravagore's ranged damage, but if it was forced to use its animus on itself they could be set on continuous fire from being hit.

Celeb
08-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Little correction: Croak Raiders do have the Immunity: Corrosion (not Immunity: Fire) ability. On all other terms the previous posting is correct :)

AcidOverride
08-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Whoops. That is what I get for typing in my sleep.