PDA

View Full Version : Double ones

FluffyZealot
08-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Hi all,
I have a silly question which I need clarification on.

If I'm Mat 5 and I hit something that is Def 7 by rolling double 1, do I hit or miss?

The basic mechanics of the game say I hit, but I believe that the "Double 1's alway miss" rule trumps that.

Can someone please just confirm this for me?

Boris YELLtsin
08-10-2015, 04:58 PM
"A roll of all 1's on the dide is a miss." Prime, p. 51, 57, and 77. Pretty self explanatory. It doesn't matter what the total is because it's a miss regardless.

Jester5613
08-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Hi all,
I have a silly question which I need clarification on.

If I'm Mat 5 and I hit something that is Def 7 by rolling double 1, do I hit or miss?

The basic mechanics of the game say I hit, but I believe that the "Double 1's alway miss" rule trumps that.

Can someone please just confirm this for me?

Like you said. Double ones always misses. In a similar vein, all sixes always (excepting on 1 die) hits even if the roll would mathematically miss the opponents defense.

AcidOverride
08-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Note that it is not double ones that always miss, it is ALL ones that always misses. A boosted 1, 1, 2 roll off of a MAT 6 model will hit a DEF 10 model even though there are two ones. If the attacking model also happens to have a crit effect, that will trigger on that roll as there is a repeat of numbers.