PDA

View Full Version : Empathic Overload and other multi-damage attacks

Macxdmg
08-13-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm having a discussion with a friend of mine, I'm wondering if Empathic Overload, Daemon's Gun, and Hellmouth work one way or another

Empathic Overload is a spell, the important parts are that it's AOE 4, pow 12, offensive. in the spell the spell says "Models hit suffer a pow 12 damage roll" do I get the initial hit pow 12, pow 6 blast damage and this pow 12 AOE? or just the pow 12 AOE?

Daemon's Vortex Cannon is AOE * pow 12, and has an ability, the important part of the ability being "a model hit has a 3" aoe centered on the model hit. Models hit suffer a pow 12 damage roll under this AOE." Does the initial model hit suffer 2 pow 12's, or just one?

Hellmouth is a spell, aoe * pow 12 offenseive. "Then center a 3" aoe on the model hit. models hit suffer a pow 12 damage roll." does the initial model take 2 pow 12's or just one?

Sorry if this is a re-post, I didn't find it in my searches

vintersbastard
08-13-2015, 02:48 PM
The specific text of the attacks in question completely supersede the usual stats, so it will be only a single damage roll for each model hit.

Pt-ach
08-13-2015, 03:27 PM
All Models under an AOE are hit!
If an attack (ranged or spell) says that all models hit suffer x damage, then is that no blast damage.

Macxdmg
08-14-2015, 05:26 AM
it doesn't say in the specific text that they don't take the initial blast damage rolls ... I mean for Empathic Overload at least ... The other two obviously only have * AOE and thus don't have a "blast", but the initial targets still get hit twice right?

Mod_Neldar
08-14-2015, 05:34 AM
it doesn't say in the specific text that they don't take the initial blast damage rolls ... I mean for Empathic Overload at least ... The other two obviously only have * AOE and thus don't have a "blast", but the initial targets still get hit twice right?

No. When the text of the spells tells you what kind of damage rolls the models hit take that's all they take. For empathic overload all models in the AOE take one POW12 damage roll.

The text of the spell supersedes the basic rule for the direct hit and blast damage.

Note that the spell airburst specifies hit models take a POW 8 blast damage roll. This is all models including the one hit and is not halved.

Macxdmg
08-14-2015, 05:44 AM
Do you have a page number for that?

DarkLegacy
08-14-2015, 05:52 AM
Tactical Tip for Iron Lich Asphyxious:
Breath of Corruption — Affected models do not also suffer blast damage.
Breath of Corruption:
Models hit suffer a POW 12 corrosion damage roll. The AOE is a cloud effect that remains in play for one round. Models entering or ending their activation in the AOE suffer 1 point of corrosion damage.

Empathic Overload:
Models hit by Empathic Overload suffer a POW 12 damage roll. When Empathic Overflow targets a friendly model, it automatically hits.

They both work the same, doing only a POW 12 damage roll to the models, no blast damage, no secondary damage roll.

Macxdmg
08-14-2015, 06:02 AM
Oh man, I was looking through the spell and magic rules, my bad. Thanks DarkLegacy for this clarification.

Leo_the_Rat
08-14-2015, 07:26 AM
It would be great if warroom gave access to those tactical tips. It's almost unfair to use them as a basis for a ruling when some people don't have access to their opponents Forces of ... book(s). It seems like the TO/judge needs to have a copy of each book so that they can refer to the tactical tips and make an informed decision.

Macxdmg
08-14-2015, 07:29 AM
Prime MK 2 page 182

niceas
08-14-2015, 07:33 AM
It would be great if warroom gave access to those tactical tips. It's almost unfair to use them as a basis for a ruling when some people don't have access to their opponents Forces of ... book(s). It seems like the TO/judge needs to have a copy of each book so that they can refer to the tactical tips and make an informed decision.

I may own all the books.

I don't have a problem. Really!