PDA

View Full Version : Resolved attack timing question

Tyrfigr
08-13-2015, 02:38 PM
At what point do you physically remove a model that has been destroyed from the table?

Here is the situation, the new spell/animus Boiling Blood says: "When this model suffers damage as a result of an enemy melee attack, after the attack is resolved this model can make a ranged attack with a Spray 8 and POW 12 that causes fire damage. Models hit suffer the Fire continuous effect...."

It lacks the "unless the affected model was destroyed or removed from play by the attack" clause that is on other spells/animus like Spiny Growth for example. So that got me thinking, theoretically if a model was destroyed would it still make the attack before being taken off the board? I know that Boiling Blood has not been released and can't get ruled on and I also understand that since it is a preview, the final wording may include that clause, so I am asking generally. Is it that when you complete all the steps in the attack sequence that the attack is resolved and THEN remove the model? And as active player may I trigger effects that happen after the attack is resolved but before I remove my model?

Hopefully this makes sense. Thank you.

vintersbastard
08-13-2015, 02:45 PM
You remove the model at step 11.6, i.e. before the "after the attack is resolved"-step.

A model that is not on the table cannot make an attack, so the animus has no effect in this case.

Tyrfigr
08-13-2015, 03:59 PM
Ok, that is what I was looking for. So removing the model is part of the attack sequence. Thanks, back to the drawing board!