PDA

View Full Version : Storm Ravager triggers only once?

Aerospider
08-31-2015, 04:49 AM
A bit of guidance on the wording of pKrueger's feat if you'd be so kind...

"An enemy model entering or ending its activation in one or more AoEs..."

Does the damaging effect get triggered immediately, and therefore can hit the same model more than once, or do you wait until the end of the activation and then apply a single hit if the trigger condition was met?

E.g.

1. Model enters an AoE and ends its activation in the same AoE. One hit or two?

2. Model enters an AoE and in the same movement later enters another AoE. One hit or two?

Crate123
08-31-2015, 04:52 AM
Its never more than 1, no matter how you proceed.

The Captain
08-31-2015, 04:54 AM
And you take the hit as soon as you enter the AOE. If you started your activation in an AOE, you take a hit if you enter another AOE or end your activation in the one in which you started.

IceShadow
08-31-2015, 05:27 AM
Or in programming terms, it is an xor (one or the other, not both).

Aerospider
08-31-2015, 06:01 AM
Right, so model moves and enters AoE - immediately takes a hit.
Model continues movement and enters another AoE - no hit.

Yes?

IAvian
08-31-2015, 06:26 AM
Right, so model moves and enters AoE - immediately takes a hit.
Model continues movement and enters another AoE - no hit.

Yes?

You would take two hits from entering one AoE, then another. Seperate triggers.

Scenario1: Model enters AoE1, takes a damage roll. Model ends its movement inside AoE1. No second damage roll. (enters and ends in the same AoE, one roll)
Scenario2: Model enters AoE1, takes a damage roll (enters). Model continues its movement, leaving AoE1, and enters AoE2, taking a second damage roll (enters).
Scenario3: Model begins activation in AoE1 and does not move. At the end of its activation, it takes a damage roll. (ends)
Scenario 4: Model begins activation in AoE1 and moves, entering AoE 2, taking a damage roll. Model ends its activation in both AoE1 and AoE2. It takes a second damage roll from AoE1. (Ends in AoE1, Enters AoE 2, two damage rolls)
Scenario 5: Model begins activation in AoE1 and moves, leaving AoE 1 and entering AoE 2, taking a damage roll. It takes no damage from AoE1. (Enters AoE2)

I think that's every possible permutation?

IceShadow
08-31-2015, 06:26 AM
It's certainly not more than one hit per AoE.

Other AoEs would be one hit per entry (such as Scathers or Asphyxious2's Caustic Mist AoEs). I at first thought this would be handled the same way, but the "one or more AoEs" wording is making me second-guess myself, so I won't try to answer that part.

Aerospider
08-31-2015, 07:05 AM
Hmm, some conflict of views here.

Any chance anyone knows of a relevant FAQ or Infernal ruling?

Bob Marley
08-31-2015, 07:15 AM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?171213-pKrueger-feat-question&highlight=storm+ravager
closed without comment, so infernals probably agreed with it

IceShadow
08-31-2015, 07:21 AM
Ok, so it looks like Storm Ravager is an exception to the "entering more than one AoE of the same name will cause damage for each entered" due to the wording on the ability itself. So in post #6, all scenarios would only be one damage roll.

Aerospider
08-31-2015, 07:24 AM
Great, thanks. Looks like we've been playing it right all along.