PDA

View Full Version : removed from play vs souls

Exelsior
09-03-2015, 03:47 AM
Does a remove from play like a woldwatchers fertilizer stop soul generation ?

Mod_Neldar
09-03-2015, 03:53 AM
Does a remove from play like a woldwatchers fertilizer stop soul generation ?

Depends on the rfp and soul mechanic.

Generally, souls generate on destroyed. Fertilizer resolves at boxed so the model is never destroyed so no soul.

Knotty
09-03-2015, 05:01 AM
I believe all RFP is on boxed and doesn't generate souls/corpses.

xenwall
09-03-2015, 05:53 AM

Note that there is no actual standard and you should always read the rule causing the remove from play effect carefully to determine the proper timing for the effect. This CYA statement brought to you by the rules lawyers of the Rules Forum.

Knotty
09-03-2015, 06:03 AM
Sorry, to clarify I meant there was currently no RFP effects that take place after destroyed, which is when the soul/corpse collection rules come in to play.

AcidOverride
09-03-2015, 06:22 AM
Sorry, to clarify I meant there was currently no RFP effects that take place after destroyed, which is when the CURRENTsoul/corpse collection rules come in to play.

There you go :)

the_true_druid
09-03-2015, 06:35 AM
Sorry, to clarify I meant there was currently no RFP effects that take place after destroyed, which is when the soul/corpse collection rules come in to play.

Kraken RFPs on Destroyed AFAIK... It also eats your Corpse in the process.

Mod_Neldar
09-03-2015, 06:46 AM

At least one spell generates souls despite rfp on boxed. Annihilation on Terminus and Zaal2

Blaque
09-03-2015, 07:09 AM

Devil Shadow's Mutineers destroy and RFP.

And stuff.

DarkLegacy
09-03-2015, 07:10 AM
This isn't completely true.

You need to check the effect that removes from play and the timing of it to determine if a model generates tokens when it is destroyed.

Mod_Neldar
09-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Devil Shadow's Mutineers destroy and RFP.

And stuff.

And explicitly prevent the generation of corpse and soul tokens.

SageofLodoss
09-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Throne of Everblight also removes from play after destroyed, so as to not conflict with its corpse gathering and battle wizard.

So always read the rules interactions carefully. The act of removing from play, in and of itself, does not deny souls or corpses. The exact point in the disabled/boxed/destroyed step that the RFP occurs is what matters for determining soul claiming and, by extension, soul generation.

Leo_the_Rat
09-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Just for completeness Critical Consume RFPs on hit so you never even get to the damage part of the timing rules.