PDA

View Full Version : eHexeris feat question

Salmanilla
09-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I've owned eHexeris for a couple months now, and I was rereading his feat, and I want to clarify if I've been playing him wrong this whole time, or correctly and I've just got myself mixed up on the wording.

The feat reads as follows:

"Immediately remove any number of soul tokens, fury points, and focus points from non-warlock, non-warcaster models in Hexeris' control area. For each soul token or focus or fury point removed, place one fury point on Hexeris. Hexeris cannot exceed his current FURY in fury points as a result of Arcane Reaver."

The way I've been playing this feat til now has been to remove 7 - x fury/focus/souls from my own or opponent's army to camp Hexeris back to his full 7 (x is the amount of fury remaining on Hexeris before feat).

However, I am wondering, based on the wording in the first sentence, if I have been playing this wrong. Can I remove all of my opponent's focus/fury/souls, and similarly fury/souls from my own models and max Hexeris out at his 7, while discarding the remaining focus/fury/souls because Hexeris cannot exceed his 7 Fury?

Fathoym
09-03-2015, 08:19 PM
The way I've been playing this feat til now has been to remove 7 - x fury/focus/souls from my own or opponent's army to camp Hexeris back to his full 7 (x is the amount of fury remaining on Hexeris before feat).

This is correct.

However, I am wondering, based on the wording in the first sentence, if I have been playing this wrong. Can I remove all of my opponent's focus/fury/souls, and similarly fury/souls from my own models and max Hexeris out at his 7, while discarding the remaining focus/fury/souls because Hexeris cannot exceed his 7 Fury?

This is incorrect. The term "any number" in Warmachine means "as many as is necessary to achieve what is required". For example, when using the Drag ability you can push a model "any distance" up until base contact. You cannot choose to only push a model 1" if this would not get the model into base contact.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
09-03-2015, 09:10 PM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?187263-Lord-Arbiter-Hexeris-Feat-Clarification&highlight=hexeris2

It will prove that Fathoym is correct.