PDA

View Full Version : Charging a model you are engaged with

Wintergolem
09-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Can you charge across a model you are engaged with to receive the charge bonus? I feel I recently hear they prevented that, but I cant find out when/where.

To put it in context, I bane knight is two inches away (within reach) of a heavy jack. It declares a charge on that jack and moves 3 inches across its front. The charge is successful and he moved 3+inches.

Grey Templar
09-04-2015, 06:31 PM
You are allowed to charge a model you are currently engaged with. Nothing inherently prevents it.

Now, realistically there are a lot of models which will be unable to gain the charge bonus in many situations. Either because they only have .5" melee combined with the physical issues that their current placement can pose.

But if you can get 3"+ of movement and end in melee with your target its perfectly legal. Reach models find this easier to do, its also easier if your enemy has a large or huge base.

Leonard_Dukes
09-04-2015, 06:55 PM
In addition to what Grey Templar has said, remember the requirement that once a charging model has its target within its melee range, it cannot move in such a way that the target would leave its melee range. This will restrict the positions/angles available to you if trying to do this.

SeoNN
09-05-2015, 12:38 AM
There is also restriction with countercharge as it is mentioned in CC wording.

Wintergolem
09-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys, I guess I'll need to start asking people to prove unfamiliar rules to me before I accept them. This is the second time this has happened in the last month :)