PDA

View Full Version : Corner case situation with Madelyn Corbeau

Sand20go
09-06-2015, 09:36 PM
1. Enemy unit has an upkeep spell on it (in this case hand of fate)
2. Madelyn moves over and seduces a grunt
3. Grunt moves over to wack a model

Does the Grunt get the benefit of the upkeep spell?

I don't see why not. The wording of seduction doesn't say it becomes a solo or becomes friendly to my army - it simply says that I gain control over it and get to make a normal melee attack (and no free strikes).

Bobby1213
09-06-2015, 10:12 PM
While you have control of it, the seduced model is considered to be friendly to you, it is an independent model, and will not benefit from hand of fate. Pg, 28 of the free warmachine rulebook.

Sand20go
09-07-2015, 05:16 AM
Thanks. The other key issue here seems to be the errata on upkeeps and formation which is really quite elegant - since the trooper is now under my control it ceases to be in formation and thus can not be effected by upkeeps that are on the unit.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?115747-Seduction-upkeeps-on-unit-expire&highlight=Seduction+Upkeeps

Mod_Neldar
09-07-2015, 06:05 AM
Thanks. The other key issue here seems to be the errata on upkeeps and formation which is really quite elegant - since the trooper is now under my control it ceases to be in formation and thus can not be effected by upkeeps that are on the unit.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?115747-Seduction-upkeeps-on-unit-expire&highlight=Seduction+Upkeeps

The formation errata is irrelevant. It only applies to models in the unit. While seduction resolves the model isn't in the unit and formation rules don't apply.

However since the upkeep is on the unit and not the model it is lost when control changes and regained when control reverts.

Additionally, that errata applies to targeting the unit with a new spell, not whether or not the models benefit from it once the spell has been cast on the unit.

vintersbastard
09-07-2015, 06:11 AM

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?115747-Seduction-upkeeps-on-unit-expire&highlight=Seduction+UpkeepsThe trooper not being in formation has nothing to do with (models out of formation are still affected by unit-wide spells, they just pose a targeting restriction) - it is not a unit member at all anymore.

Sand20go
09-07-2015, 06:14 AM
The formation errata is irrelevant. It only applies to models in the unit. While seduction resolves the model isn't in the unit and formation rules don't apply.

However since the upkeep is on the unit and not the model it is lost when control changes and regained when control reverts.

Additionally, that errata applies to targeting the unit with a new spell, not whether or not the models benefit from it once the spell has been cast on the unit.

Got it. Thanks