PDA

View Full Version : Unit Charge order, some models of the unit can't charge

Killy
09-07-2015, 08:46 AM
After Deneghra's feat, 4 grunts in a full unit of Houseguard Halberdiers are taken in Deneghra's feat's

- On Scyrah's turn, the Halberdiers Leader give a run/charge order.
So everybody can run/charge, but those 4 poor grunt. The question is can those two make a full advance ? That's the way we played it.

- Now let's consider the leader itself is in the feat. May the run/charge order be given ?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
09-07-2015, 09:12 AM
After Deneghra's feat, 4 grunts in a full unit of Houseguard Halberdiers are taken in Deneghra's feat's

- On Scyrah's turn, the Halberdiers Leader give a run/charge order.
So everybody can run/charge, but those 4 poor grunt. The question is can those two make a full advance ? That's the way we played it.

- Now let's consider the leader itself is in the feat. May the run/charge order be given ?

There is no order named run/charge order. You should confuse it with charge order, which compels all troopers in the unit to do either run or charge.

Being able to charge or not have nothing to do issue run or charge order. You may give it, though sometimes some effect will prevents to some of your troopers to obey the order.

Check Charge and Run section in the rulebook and you will see how it does if a model must charge/run but can't charge/run.

Killy
09-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Ok, that's where I did not understand it. It's in the paragraph of the models that must charge, where it says that the model that can't charge must forfeit both movement and action. I thought this was for beast that must charge when frenzied.

So if I understand clearly, with the order the model must charge. Hence, we're in the condition of this paragraph.

Basically, to go back to my example, the rest of the unit charges normally, the ones that can't charge do not move, do not change facing, do not make any action.

Is that it ?

solkan
09-07-2015, 09:26 AM
When you issue a charge order, each model that receives the order chooses between "I must charge" and "I must run", independently, and a model can choose an option that is going to go straight to the "I must ______ but cannot" rules.

So the models you want to have charge can charge; the models that want to run can run; and the ones have to forfeit something choose one or the other of the "must but cannot" clauses to work through.

Just remember that the charge order allows each model to choose between charging and running, but the model still has to choose one or the other.

Warbeasts don't receive orders, and frenzy works completely differently.

Killy
09-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the answer !

Killy
09-08-2015, 12:57 PM
So, if in a unit, one model was knocked down on a precedent turn.

At the beginning of the activation of the unit, the leader gives a charge order.

That model has to forfeit both movement and action.

Amairite ?

rydiafan
09-08-2015, 01:16 PM
So, if in a unit, one model was knocked down on a precedent turn.

At the beginning of the activation of the unit, the leader gives a charge order.

That model has to forfeit both movement and action.

Amairite ?

As part of the Charge Order that model can choose to run or charge. If it chooses to charge it forfeits both movement and action as per page 47 of Prime. If it chooses to run it forfeits action and makes a full advance, as per page 46 of Prime.