PDA

View Full Version : Fire For Effect and x2 Initial Ranged Attacks

AHZAhriman
09-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Hey guys!

I have a question about how initial ranged attacks work; if I'm putting FFE on something like the Behemoth, do only one of those attacks get boosted, or do the initial attacks both activate simultaneously? Because I keep hearing two different things regarding this.

Thank you in advance!

Mortimer
09-07-2015, 07:20 PM
It says the boosted rolls are for the "first ranged attack each activation", so it only applies to the first ranged attack you make (one ranged weapon). Unless the Behemoth card says something else, initial attacks are not made simultaneously. If both initial attacks were affected, I'm positive the spell would say "initial ranged attacks".

I have seen some people confused about the difference between identical weapons listed individually, versus those with "x2" or "x3" icons. I believe these are two identical situations. I don't know why some cards don't use the x2 or x3 versions. I thought it might be because the weapons had different locations, but there are counter-examples (like the Arguses).

AHZAhriman
09-07-2015, 07:28 PM
It says the boosted rolls are for the "first ranged attack each activation", so it only applies to the first ranged attack you make (one ranged weapon).

Cool, thanks for pointing that out! I think the importance of that particular wording was previously lost on me.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
09-07-2015, 07:45 PM
It says the boosted rolls are for the "first ranged attack each activation", so it only applies to the first ranged attack you make (one ranged weapon). Unless the Behemoth card says something else, initial attacks are not made simultaneously. If both initial attacks were affected, I'm positive the spell would say "initial ranged attacks".

I have seen some people confused about the difference between identical weapons listed individually, versus those with "x2" or "x3" icons. I believe these are two identical situations. I don't know why some cards don't use the x2 or x3 versions. I thought it might be because the weapons had different locations, but there are counter-examples (like the Arguses).
x2 or more on the weapon icon means that the model has that much identical weapons. For example, Spellstorm Pistol x2 means that the model has two identical Spellstorm Pistol weapons. Both of them are the seperated weapons.

Malkav13
09-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Note that the blast damage is all part of the first attack as well and will be boosted.

Larnu
09-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Arhus' don't have locations, that's just a Warjack thing. Ad a result they will have two distinct.profiles for each weapon that is in a different location.

Mortimer
09-08-2015, 12:11 AM
Warbeasts have locations too... they don't get crippled the same way warjacks do, but the location (L/R/H) is still used for headlocks/weaponlocks. The Argus' weapons are all in the head location, and I don't remember reading that you need to lock each head separately. Anyway, this is probably veering too far off-topic now :) I was only guessing at a possible explanation for the differing interpretations of what FFE meant for the Behemoth.