PDA

View Full Version : Movement rule: Defensive Strike/Counter Charge

RabiTampa
09-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Hello,

I wanted to get some rules help about movement and defensive strike and counter charge.

1. I move a model with Defensive Strike into melee combat. On my opponents turn, when he activates the model, do I get the defensive strike if he does not/can not move?

2. I move a model with Counter Charge into melee combat. On my opponents turn, when he activates the model, do I get to counter charge if he does not/can not move?
this question is specifically about how to manage the reflex servitor

3. if a model is in melee combat during the opponents turn, when you activate the model, what happens to the move action during this step if he does not move/chooses not to move?

Thank you

Grey Templar
09-21-2015, 06:53 PM
1) Unless the movement is not forfeited, it stills counts as advancing 0" and ending its movement in your melee range.

2) You cannot counter-charge if you are in melee.

3) You advance 0" unless you specifically forfeit movement.

rydiafan
09-21-2015, 06:58 PM
I disagree with Grey Templar about number 1. Defensive strike requires advancing into the models melee range. If you are already in a model's melee range you cannot advance into it.

Leonard_Dukes
09-21-2015, 07:06 PM
I disagree with Grey Templar about number 1. Defensive strike requires advancing into the models melee range. If you are already in a model's melee range you cannot advance into it.

Correct. A model must have been outside the melee range of the model with Defensive Strike and advanced into it in order for Defensive Strike to trigger. Reference: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?10866-Defensive-strike-and-models-already-engaging&p=170690&viewfull=1#post170690

2) You cannot counter-charge if you are in melee.

More specifically, a model cannot Counter Charge if it is engaged. If it is only engaging other models but is not, itself, being engaged, it can still Counter Charge.

RabiTampa
09-21-2015, 07:20 PM
so a model in combat can forfeit its movement at anytime during it's activation to avoid defensive strike and Counter Charge (if the model with Counter Charge is not engaged)?

alright, thank you for the clarification

Leonard_Dukes
09-21-2015, 07:25 PM
so a model in combat can forfeit its movement at anytime during it's activation to avoid defensive strike and Counter Charge (if the model with Counter Charge is not engaged)?

alright, thank you for the clarification

A model that forfeits its movement is considered to have ended its movement, possibly triggering effects such as Dark Sentinel, but is not considered to have advanced, and will not trigger effects which require that, such as Counter Charge.

AcidOverride
09-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Further, if the rule in question is Defensive Strike, he need not forfeit anything since he did not "advance into and end movement", he was already there.