PDA

View Full Version : Mage storm damage

Trollock
09-24-2015, 03:24 AM
This ALMOST came up in my last game, so i figured id make sure for the future :D

If Ryan shoots a mage storm and it hits my Kriel Sone Bearer, can he use self sacrifice as normal? My interpretation is that the hit would count as an "enemy attack" and I can thus use self sacrifice. If i were to enter (or end...) the template on my turn, it would NOT be an attack, and i could thus not use self sacrifice. Is this correct?

Jester5613
09-24-2015, 03:35 AM
This ALMOST came up in my last game, so i figured id make sure for the future :D

If Ryan shoots a mage storm and it hits my Kriel Sone Bearer, can he use self sacrifice as normal? My interpretation is that the hit would count as an "enemy attack" and I can thus use self sacrifice. If i were to enter (or end...) the template on my turn, it would NOT be an attack, and i could thus not use self sacrifice. Is this correct?

Yes, the original Mage Storm attack is an enemy attack, since it is listed on Ryan's card as a *attack. The resulting AOE that remains in play would be treated the same way as a Covering Fire template, which is to say it would not be considered an enemy attack for purposes of Self Sacrifice. So if you enter or end your activation in the AOE you wouldn't be able to use Self Sacrifice.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
09-24-2015, 03:37 AM
Ryan's Mage Storm is a ranged attack. Also all models in AOE of an attack are hits by the attack.

Trollock
09-24-2015, 03:50 AM
Just as i though. thanks!