PDA

View Full Version : Assualt and target in melee penalty

Sand20go
10-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Assault say "When resolving an Assault ranged attack, the attacking model does not suffer the target in melee penalty"

Is this just for THE SINGULAR MODEL's Assault shot or for all ranged attacks made during the activation.

This came up when a shot missed a model who was also engaged by another different Stormlance. It was played that said SL did NOT suffer the target in melee penalty.

Leonard_Dukes
10-03-2015, 08:26 PM
The ranged attack granted by Assault does not suffer the -4 penalty when attacking a model that is in melee.

If the attack misses, you still reroll against another target, per the rules of firing into melee. This reroll will not suffer the -4 penalty.

Any other ranged attacks made that activation using abilities such as Virtuoso, Quick Work, etc, will suffer the -4 penalty for firing into melee (if applicable).

thatsdm2u
10-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Assault say "When resolving an Assault ranged attack, the attacking model does not suffer the target in melee penalty"
Is this just for THE SINGULAR MODEL's Assault shot or for all ranged attacks made during the activation.

Only when resolving the assault ranged attack does the model get to ignore the target in melee penalty. Any additional shots they may make that activation are resolved as normal.

Edit: While I was double checking, it seems that someone beat me to the reply. Well done Leonard_Dukes. I tip my hat to you.

Sand20go
10-04-2015, 02:05 PM
thank you. That makes sense. I should have rearranged it without the comma - would have read MUCH clearer with the subject first. Just "weird" that after missing it still doesn't suffer the penalty as it resolves against the other things. Basically an better chance(s) to hit to get the electroleap. Cheating Cygnar