PDA

View Full Version : Cross trained with the Commodore

JinnPo
05-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Hi

I was playing against Mercs last night and my opponent ran a couple of sea dogs out of formation, joined the cannon crew, and then activated the new models as part of that unit's activation to get enough RAT to blow Kreoss to bits.

We ruled that since cross trained isn't an action it could be done after running, and since the models were replaced with cannon crew, they hadn't actually activated yet.

is all of this legit? Obviously the easiest way around it would have been for me to not have left kreoss out in the open, but barring my own stupidity, should I have had an extra turn to cover my mistakes?

Thanks

Crate123
05-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Well you activation ends as soon as your run movement ends, youre not even allowed to do anything even if it is an Anytime thats not an action so as soon as those sea dogs had finished their movement their activation would end so I dont think they could join the cannon unless its the cannon who has some kind of ability to absorb nearby troopers.

Mod_Redphantasm
05-26-2010, 06:31 AM
Well you activation ends as soon as your run movement ends, youre not even allowed to do anything even if it is an Anytime thats not an action so as soon as those sea dogs had finished their movement their activation would end so I dont think they could join the cannon unless its the cannon who has some kind of ability to absorb nearby troopers.

Cross trained is an ability of the cannon and it's crew, not the Sea Dogs. It happens when the grunt's walk in range of the cannon.

Just to clarify, the Sea dogs joined the unit because the origional crew were dead yes?

JinnPo
05-26-2010, 07:33 AM
That's right, it was to take it back up to the maximum three crew.

With it being an ability of the cannon I think we probably played it right.

JinnPo
05-26-2010, 07:35 AM
And thanks for your help, both of you.