PDA

View Full Version : Auto Fire + Watcher + Boosts

Atelus
10-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Hey guys, doing some digging for a friend here and I just wanted a definitive answer.

A weapon with Auto Fire (Prime Axiom, Victor) being used when Watcher triggers on Lucant/Zerkova. I've found in rulings that you *do* take all of your auto fire shots, I've also found rulings saying that the subsequent shots after the first do not have to be on the initial triggering model for Watcher. This leads me to believe that only that first shot would be boosted, as it is ignoring the restrictions of Watcher, so would lead me to believe it's ignoring the benefits of Watcher.

Just want to clarify whether or not the guns get the Watcher boosted attack and damage rolls beyond the first shot.

owniscool1993
10-06-2015, 10:53 AM
the wording on watcher says that the attack and damage roll against "that model" are boosted, that model referring to the model which triggered watcher
so if i think that if you take all 3 shots on the same model they're all boosted, but attacks on other models are not

Leonard_Dukes
10-06-2015, 10:59 AM
If a model affected by Watcher, Counter Blast, or a similar ability resolves that ability with a weapon that has Auto Fire:

1. The model gets to make all attacks granted by Auto Fire

2. Secondary attacks do not have to target the model that triggered the ability.

3. Only attacks against the model that triggered the ability get boosted attack/damage rolls (in the case of Watcher).

4. Each attack made against the model that triggered Watcher (e.g. if you shoot it 2 or 3 times) gets a boosted attack and damage roll.