PDA

View Full Version : Charging while engaged

Steelhead47
10-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Question: If you are engaged with a model, can you charge said model?
Model A moves into melee range of Model B. Can Model B, Charge Model A?

If you can(and I am not sure), are you able to "Assault" Model A?

I know it wouldn't count as a successful Charge(as in: getting the Boosted Damage on the Charge Attack), as Model B didn't move more then 3 inches.

Michael
10-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Yes, you can charge a model you are engaged with. Nothing in the charging rules prevent it. It will be a successful charge as long as you move 3" and meet all the other relevant requirements.

No, you cannot Assault a model you were engaged with, because Assault specifically prevents that.

Steelhead47
10-06-2015, 05:44 PM
So that brings me to two other questions, that are connected.

Could Model B use Assault & Battery targeting Model A? This is what happened, and it seemed, off to me.

If Model B has Powerful Charge, does Model B gain the +2 to the attack roll?

Thank you for your quick answer!

Leonard_Dukes
10-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Could Model B use Assault & Battery targeting Model A?

Only if Model B has a rule/ability that allows it to make ranged attacks while in melee.

If Model B has Powerful Charge, does Model B gain the +2 to the attack roll?

Only if the attack roll is a charge attack roll, which means that the Charge was successful and the charging model moved at least 3" during its charge movement.

Steelhead47
10-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Okay! Thanks for clearing all that up!

zuriel45
10-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Note that the 3" to get the boosted attack roll doesn't often happen once engaged, usually only if you have reach and are fighting a large/huge base. Also keep in mind if a unit uses a run/charge order while some models are engaged those models have to either charge or run, the various attributes of both still applying. Meaning if the engaged model wants to charge the model its fighting it does have to finish by turning to directly face, or else run, and thus forfeiting its attack.