PDA

View Full Version : P Caines feat with deadeye

captain skippz
10-07-2015, 08:51 AM
my question is if P Caine casts deadeye on himself then pops feat either the same turn or next after up-keeping dose he gain the additional die on all the attacks.
my reasoning is if he dose it before his combat action the feat attacks would be his first ranged attack rolls that turn and since there simultaneous he should gain the bonus on all of them.
I haven't found anything to suggest im wrong but im going to a tournament next week and I don't wan to look the fool.
any answers would be much appreciated.

solkan
10-07-2015, 08:57 AM
The fact that the attacks are "simultaneous" doesn't make all of the "the first ranged attack roll".

The dead eye bonus applies to the first ranged attack roll you resolve. It won't apply to the attack roll of every attack generated by Maelstrom.

crispythemighty
10-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Wording of the feat comes into play here too. "... makes a normal Spellstorm Pistol attack against every enemy model currently in his control area..." Nothing in his feat make these attacks simultaneous. Dead Eye would only apply to the first attack he makes.

Leonard_Dukes
10-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Wording of the feat comes into play here too. "... makes a normal Spellstorm Pistol attack against every enemy model currently in his control area..." Nothing in his feat make these attacks simultaneous. Dead Eye would only apply to the first attack he makes.

The attacks are simultaneous.

Nonetheless, that has no bearing, as Solkan has already addressed.

The same applies to any effect which references "the next [whatever] attack" whenever simultaneous attacks are made, such as Lylyth3 trampling with True Strike.

slinkdawg
10-07-2015, 09:43 AM
my question is if P Caine casts deadeye on himself then pops feat either the same turn or next after up-keeping dose he gain the additional die on all the attacks.
my reasoning is if he dose it before his combat action the feat attacks would be his first ranged attack rolls that turn and since there simultaneous he should gain the bonus on all of them.
I haven't found anything to suggest im wrong but im going to a tournament next week and I don't wan to look the fool.
any answers would be much appreciated.

Deadeye is also not an upkeep spell. It must be cast each turn that you want to use it. the previous comments are correct that deadeye only puts and additional die on your next ranged attack roll. Caine's feat is multiple rolls, one separate roll on each model in range.