PDA

View Full Version : Raluk Moorclaw

Wolflord1986
10-07-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm looking into getting Raluk and had a question about his Drive and some of the Warjack abilities. His Drive: Hog Wild- If it passes, the Warjack can make one ranged attack this activation before its normal movement. After its normal movement , the warjack can only make melee attacks this turn. This is understandable enough on its own but then I run into some if not most of the light jacks he's alotted have assault: During the charge after the movement but before the melee attack the model can make a ranged attack against the charged model.

So my question is does the model with assault and under the effects of Drive: Hog Wild get the assault shot or not?

Thank you for your input.

Leo_the_Rat
10-07-2015, 05:31 PM
No, as Hog wild does not say that it ignores RoF and neither does Assault. So, unless you have a jack with an RoF of 2 or greater you can take only one shot but you can take it with either ability.

Leonard_Dukes
10-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Even if the ranged weapon in question had ROF 2, or the model in question had more than one ranged weapon, it still could not make the ranged attack granted by Assault, as Hog Wild clearly states "After its normal movement, the warjack can only make melee attacks that activation," which is to say "cannot make ranged attacks that activation."

Hog Wild does not state any specific interaction with Assault, so the implied "cannot make ranged attacks" dictated by Hog Wild trumps the "can make a ranged attack" granted by Assault.

Wolflord1986
10-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Thanks. Like I said Hog Wild made sense but I didn't want to cheat myself or the other players