PDA

View Full Version : Doomy 3 1 less damage dice on feat

TotalGee
10-09-2015, 01:04 AM
If a model in Doomy3's battle group under Doomy3's feat is hit by an AOE, are all damage rolls under the AOE one less damage dice?

I don't think so, as its says ''attack damage roll'' so plural...but the wording seems tricky

Multiple
10-09-2015, 02:22 AM
An AoE attack still results in a damage roll - if the model hit directly or by the blast of the AoE is in his battlegroup, it would take one less dice of damage. Models hit by the AoE regardless what the original target hit would suffer the full damage roll if they are not a part of his battlegroup.

That's my take on it, at least.

Trollock
10-09-2015, 04:09 AM
That is logical and all, but is that really what the rules say?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
10-09-2015, 04:14 AM
Please don't use the abbrevations in the rules forum, or write the actual name at least once.

An AOE attack follows all normal targeting rules. A successful attack roll indicates a direct hit on the intended target, which suffers a direct hit damage roll of 2d6 + POW. Center the AOE template over the point of impact—in the case of a direct hit, the center of the targeted model’s base. Every other model with any part of its base covered by the AOE template is hit, but not directly hit, by the attack and suffers a blast damage roll of 2d6 + 1/2 POW.

All models within the AOE attack area except the model direct hit are hit by the attack. The feat of Doomshaper3's one effect says that it triggers when a model in his battlegroup is hit by an attack, not says direct hit, so it triggers.

Larnu
10-09-2015, 04:28 AM
Unless I've misunderstood, I think the OPs question was more along the lines Of: If an AOE hits a model in his battleground, while under the feat, do all models under the template have 1 less dice rolled against them.

If this is the case, no. The feat says that if a model the battleground is hit, 1 less dice is rolled. When rolling the damage, you check if the model hit is part of the battleground. Each check is individual, regardless of how many models were hit by AOE.

DarkLegacy
10-09-2015, 05:19 AM
It checks individual models.