PDA

View Full Version : Blindwalker and Calaban's feat

xXJediNiteXx
10-09-2015, 11:55 AM
So I could have sworn I saw this posted somewhere here but for the life of me I can't find it. I assume it was deleted but I thought it was a good question.

Page 82 of Primal says "Being used to channel a spell is a passive effect that occurs during a spellcaster’s activation and has no impact on the channeler’s own activation." Is this sentence just clarifying that being a channeler is passive or is channeling actually restricted to a warlocks activation.

In either case, how does it impact Calaban's feat? The spells he is able to cast from enemy deaths would be out of activation so it seems they can't be channeled due to the restriction imposed by the sentence above. Is this correct?

solkan
10-09-2015, 12:03 PM
So I could have sworn I saw this posted somewhere here but for the life of me I can't find it. I assume it was deleted but I thought it was a good question.

Page 82 of Primal says "Being used to channel a spell is a passive effect that occurs during a spellcaster’s activation and has no impact on the channeler’s own activation." Is this sentence just clarifying that being a channeler is passive or is channeling actually restricted to a warlocks activation.

In either case, how does it impact Calaban's feat? The spells he is able to cast from enemy deaths would be out of activation so it seems they can't be channeled due to the restriction imposed by the sentence above. Is this correct?

The corresponding paragram in Prime Mk II:

Remember, the channeler is just a relay. Being used to channel a spell is a passive effect that occurs during a spellcaster’s activation and has no impact on the channeler’s own activation. Focus points allocated to a channeler cannot be used to pay the spell’s COST or boost its rolls, for example.

So, no, it's not something restricted to a warlock's activation.

xXJediNiteXx
10-09-2015, 12:05 PM
So what is the purpose of mentioning the casters activation at all? Just because 99% of the time that is where channeling is going to take place?

neonchameleon
10-09-2015, 03:30 PM
So what is the purpose of mentioning the casters activation at all? Just because 99% of the time that is where channeling is going to take place?

Yes. It should be treated as the overwhelmingly common example rather than a rule. (IIRC it's a tactical tip - and those have precisely zero rules weight).