PDA

View Full Version : Doomshaper 3 and sorcerer

HellecticMojo
10-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Now, it's clear that Doomy 3 can't have a runebearer attached because the scroll carrier is an attached model.

Now, can the sorcerer adjuct to the unit? Reason I ask is because the unit title describe the unit to be a Trollblood Epic Trollkin Warlock Unit.
There is no clause seperating the carrier and Doomshaper as pygmy/trollkin.

Am I correct in assuming at this point that the entire unit is to be considered trollkin and I can adjunct a sorcerer on the pair?

solkan
10-09-2015, 02:38 PM
The Scroll Bearer has a card, it says Trollblood Epic Trollkin Warlock Unit under the name. The Warlock has a card, it says Trollblood Epic Trollkin Warlock Unit under the name.

The word Trollkin on each card under the name is what designates each model in turn as a Trollkin model.

neonchameleon
10-09-2015, 03:37 PM
I think this is a case for errata or one where War Room is wrong. The Scroll Bearer is very clearly described in the fluff as a Pyg. "A number of stout pygmy trolls volunteered to help shoulder the legendary shaman’s burden (https://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/trollbloods/warlocks/hoarluk-doomshaper-dire-prophet)". The model is very clearly a Pyg (just look at it). But mechanically it isn't declared as such and therefore counts as a Trollkin and so can have a Sorcerer attached.

vintersbastard
10-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Now, it's clear that Doomy 3 can't have a runebearer attached because the scroll carrier is an attached model.It is? Why would it be?

neonchameleon
10-09-2015, 03:54 PM
It is? Why would it be?

Because it has a special rule saying "Attached to [Doomshaper]"

Leonard_Dukes
10-09-2015, 08:26 PM
I think this is a case for errata or one where War Room is wrong. The Scroll Bearer is very clearly described in the fluff as a Pyg.

Fluff has no bearing on the rules whatsoever.

Each model in the unit is listed on its card as a Trollkin Warlock Unit, making each of them a Trollkin model. As such, the Trollkin Sorcerer can choose Doomshaper3's unit as its client.

neonchameleon
10-10-2015, 03:23 AM
Fluff has no bearing on the rules whatsoever.

Each model in the unit is listed on its card as a Trollkin Warlock Unit, making each of them a Trollkin model. As such, the Trollkin Sorcerer can choose Doomshaper3's unit as its client.

Which is exactly what I said (with the possibility that War Room missed out the fact that the scroll caddy is a Pyg and it's in the rulebook/on the card in the actual box). It's just that if the rules are right someone misinformed both the modeller and the fluff writer.

Gazzor1
10-10-2015, 04:49 AM
If Doomy wants a sorcerer adjunct who the heck is going to argue with him?

Makes perfect fluff sense. :)