PDA

View Full Version : Timing Question "while in his/her control area"

aenorian
10-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Hi there,

i got a simple set of questions i need an answer to ( for confimation purposes) concerning some abilities of PSkarre

In her feat it is mentioned that "Skarre suffers up to 5 damage points. While in her control area....."
I do pop my feat and then want to move PSkarre
1 When do the models get the bonus str/arm bonus? when the feat is popped or when she stops moving ?
2 Do they lose the bonus if i move them out of her control area (un)voluntairly?

wolf9416
10-13-2015, 02:05 PM
They gain the bonuses while they are in her control area. While the feat is active, if a model is in her control area they are effected by the feat and if they are not in her control area they are not effected by it.

If they are in the control area when she uses her feat, and then she moves away and they are no longer in the control area, then they are not getting the bonus. If they move back into her control area during their activation they will be effected by the feat again.

Basically the easiest way to look at it is that anytime the feat becomes relevant (ie. You are making an attack, or getting attacked) you check to see if the model is in her control area. If they are in they get the bonus to strength and arm, and if they are out they do not get it, regardless of whether or not they were in the control area at another point in the turn.

Leonard_Dukes
10-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Hi there,

i got a simple set of questions i need an answer to ( for confimation purposes) concerning some abilities of PSkarre

In her feat it is mentioned that "Skarre suffers up to 5 damage points. While in her control area....."
I do pop my feat and then want to move PSkarre
1 When do the models get the bonus str/arm bonus? when the feat is popped or when she stops moving ?

Affected models gain the STR/ARM bonus immediately upon her using her feat, and continue to benefit while in her control area.

2 Do they lose the bonus if i move them out of her control area (un)voluntairly?

If an affected model is not in Skarre's control area, it no longer has the benefit of her feat. If that same model re-enters her control area, it is again affected. The "while within" clause instructs you to check for the relevant criteria on an ongoing basis.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
10-13-2015, 02:08 PM
1: While in her control area, as the feat says. If a model is out of control area, it is not in her control area so it cannot get any effect. If it is later within her control area, it is affected again.

Sure, because the model is not within her control area.

zuriel45
10-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Also for future reference there are two unofficial terms that are used. "aura" refers to things like skarres feat, which only effect models as long as conditions are satisfied, such as "while in control area." "pulse" refers to effects do not rely on this feature, such as pDenny's feat which effects only models in her ctrl area at the time of activation.