PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline Rush timing.

SteelheadHunter81
10-14-2015, 05:53 PM
There's an argument on the Cephalyx Facebook page regarding the timing of portions of Cyphon's feat. As worded, if a monstrosity activates and then Cyphon feats the monstrosity is able to take advantage of the benefits without damage.

I'm inclined to believe this isn't the intent. But it would be nice to see clarification.

Leonard_Dukes
10-14-2015, 06:13 PM
There's an argument on the Cephalyx Facebook page regarding the timing of portions of Cyphon's feat. As worded, if a monstrosity activates and then Cyphon feats the monstrosity is able to take advantage of the benefits without damage.

I'm inclined to believe this isn't the intent. But it would be nice to see clarification.

Adrenaline Rush
Monstrosities in Cyphon's battlegroup that are currently in his control area can gain +3 SPD, +3 STR, and +3 ARM for one round. Those that do suffer 1 damage to each column on their damage grids at the end of their activation this turn.

If an affected model chooses to gain the bonuses and has already activated, or doesn't/can't activate (e.g. Stationary), it does not suffer the damage caused by the feat.

juckto
10-14-2015, 08:12 PM
Yeah, the RAW on this one is pretty clear. Remember, this is a game where warwitch sirens can seduce trees - what you think the intent is is irrelevant.

SteelheadHunter81
10-15-2015, 05:07 AM
Yeah, the RAW on this one is pretty clear. Remember, this is a game where warwitch sirens can seduce trees - what you think the intent is is irrelevant.

I guess it's a timing thing for me. There are very specific times when a model may make choices. At first blush it makes it appear as if the model can't make a choice because of the effect of the second sentence. That said, I never considered this and will play it as such until the loophole is closed. Just hope my pgs agree.

SteelheadHunter81
10-15-2015, 05:11 AM
Telephones suck, duplicate post.

DarkLegacy
10-15-2015, 08:42 AM
Leonard_Dukes and juckto are correct, RAW is very clear here.