PDA

View Full Version : Beginners question(s) to Haley3

Sigon
10-15-2015, 04:04 AM
Hey guys!
Actually I started playing Haley 3 and my gamemates and I aren´t sure about some things regarding her:

1) Arc Node - can the echos use the node? (we thought they could)
2) Attachment (Squire, Sylys) - does the echos gain the same abilities like the present haley? Like the reroll of the Squire, or the 2" controll buff if they are in 5" to it?
3) Scoring in scenario - does present Haley need to be in the zone/at the flag to dominate? Or can both echos be in a zone and dominate?
4) If an echo is RFP - can I get her back?
5) Regarding incorporeal - if baby-haley cast an spell, did she loose it?

I hope this is the right place to ask this questions. Our gaming group is really new, so please be kind if some of the questions are really stupid :)

Thanks guys!

lobachevskii
10-15-2015, 04:27 AM
Hi Sigon,

First, please be aware that the Rules Questions forum operates under slightly different rules to the rest of the boards. In particular, you should ask only one question per thread (or at most very closely related questions) and that you should not use nicknames in your questions. This is to make the subforum easier to search so that other people can also benefit from the answers you get. :)

Secondly, your questions.

1) Yes, the Time Projection rule (on Haleys Past and Future) allows them to "channel spells through warjacks in Haley Prime's battlegroup with the arc node advantage". The arc node must be in relevant echo's control area in order to be used to channel spells.

2) No, the echos do not benefit from warcaster attachments to the Major Prime Victoria Haley unit since they are not warcasters. Only Haley Prime is a warcaster. Similarly Reinholt's abilities can only benefit Haley Prime.

3) Only Haley Prime can dominate since only Haley Prime is a warcaster, the location of the echos is irrelevant for this. The echos can contest flags or zones.

4) Yes, you summon an echo that has been removed from play. This is because the Time Walker rule adds models to the Major Prime Victoria Haley unit rather than returning them to play (which is what RFP prevents).

5) No, Incorporeal states "When this model makes a melee or ranged attack, before the attack roll is made it loses Incorporeal for one round." An offensive spell is a magic attack, not a melee or ranged attack, so it does not cause the model to lose Incorporeal.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
10-15-2015, 04:34 AM
Hey guys!
Actually I started playing Haley 3 and my gamemates and I aren´t sure about some things regarding her:

1) Arc Node - can the echos use the node? (we thought they could)
2) Attachment (Squire, Sylys) - does the echos gain the same abilities like the present haley? Like the reroll of the Squire, or the 2" controll buff if they are in 5" to it?
3) Scoring in scenario - does present Haley need to be in the zone/at the flag to dominate? Or can both echos be in a zone and dominate?
4) If an echo is RFP - can I get her back?
5) Regarding incorporeal - if baby-haley cast an spell, did she loose it?

I hope this is the right place to ask this questions. Our gaming group is really new, so please be kind if some of the questions are really stupid :)

Thanks guys!

1:

...This model can channel spells through warjacks in Haley Prime's battlegroup with the arc node advantage that are in this model's(edited by the ruling) control area.

2: Haley Past and Haley Future are not the warcaster models. Note that models with Attachment ability attaches to a warcaster or warlock model, not the other models. You never able to attach Sylys or Squire to Haley Past or Haley Future.

3: Again, Haley Past and Haley Future are not the warcaster models. Only Haley Prime does.

4: RFP means removed from play, right?

No, you can't bring back models removed from play. Regardless, Haley3 can create a new Haley Past or Haley Future if such model is not in play. Time Walker lets to create a Haley Past or Haley Future model, not bring back the model.

Also, please don't use the abbreviations in the rules forum because not all of us are aware of this and it is no good for search.

5: What is baby haley?

A model with Incorporeal lose the advantage for one round if it makes a melee or ranged attack. A magic attack is neither melee or ranged attack.

Sigon
10-15-2015, 04:45 AM
First, please be aware that the Rules Questions forum operates under slightly different rules to the rest of the boards. In particular, you should ask only one question per thread (or at most very closely related questions) and that you should not use nicknames in your questions. This is to make the subforum easier to search so that other people can also benefit from the answers you get. :)

Oh, I´m sorry guys, didn´t knew that! Next time I will do it the right way :)

But thanks for the answers!
So it seems everythings clear to me now :)

lobachevskii
10-15-2015, 04:48 AM
No worries. :)