PDA

View Full Version : when do continuous effects expire

Reynastus
10-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Hi All

So last night I took saeryn out for a turn and had respawn on one of my aneglius. Now this angelius was killed while it had continous fire on it still. Respawn did its thing and model was placed within the 3" of its location ... but the question was raised .... does the continuous effect continue?

We did a quick google search and found a thread on some random other forum that deals with tough and knocked down and continuous effects and this indicated that because a knocked down model is disabled and then heals one point the model never leaves the table and therefore the effect would continue.

I feel this is the same with respawn because it happens in the disabled phase of the process but just wanted to get clarification because the other thread was talking in the maintenance phase and just wasn't too clear

either way we played it that the effect stays and the fire killed the angelius the next turn which wasn't so cool but Page 5 and all.

Thanks for the clarification

Rey

SageofLodoss
10-15-2015, 03:01 PM
Since the model heals from the disabled state, it is never technically destroyed, so the continuous effect would remain on the model. They expire only when an effect does so (Purification, etc.), you roll the 1-2 for it to go away, or the model it's affecting is no longer on the table.

Also, might want to double check respawn because I'm pretty sure it says it triggers when disabled by an enemy attack. Continuous fire, sadly, is not an enemy attack, so being disabled by it would not trigger Respawn IIRC.

Larnu
10-15-2015, 03:05 PM
The continuous effect would remain in play. The only points they would be removed is if the model is removed from the table, it expires by rolling a 1 or 2, or a special effect.

Respawn places a model within 3" if it disabled, and heals it one point. The model is doesn't ever reach the boxed, destroyed or removed from play stage.

Edit:Also, as sage said, it is on enemy attack, apart from when advancing. Therefore respawn would not activate.

Reynastus
10-15-2015, 03:32 PM
That's the way I read it and we played it. The model in question died to an enemy attack to trigger respawn not the cont fire. The cont fire was his backup plan and worked a treat at removing it the second time round.

Rey