PDA

View Full Version : Question about Reach and LOS / Size

Luisjoey
10-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Hello guys, i attend your rules wisdom

1. Does blue Heavy Warjack 1A have LOS for attack with reach red heavy warjack 2B? (having a warrior model intervening)

2. Does they have LOS and reach if both warjacks are light?

thanks for your help

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/Cruz_purpura/reach%20issues.png

Xeurian
10-16-2015, 08:13 AM
Smaller based models do not block line of sight to larger based models, period. It doesn't matter what size 1A is, 1B will not block line of sight to 2B if 2B is larger than 1B. So yes, in both cases 1 and 2, 1A would have LOS to 2B.

vintersbastard
10-16-2015, 08:18 AM
That depends on the base sizes of the models involved - assuming the trooper is small-based, the answer to both questions is yes.

But seriously, just follow the LOS rules on p. 43 of Prime to the letter, and you'll be fine.

Aerospider
10-16-2015, 09:08 AM
Furthermore, as far as I can tell, the distance measurement and the LoS don't have to be along the same line. I.e. The part of the base that can see the target and the part of the base that's within 2" (for reach) don't have to be the same. Which means that a small-based model can never block melee range on its own no matter what base size the target is (since it's been ruled that three models can never be co-linear).

Unless anyone knows of an Infernal ruling or rules text I missed...?

AcidOverride
10-16-2015, 09:31 AM
That is not QUITE right Aerospider. Everything depends on exact angles of facing and about 12 other things. In general, you are correct. But in a game this exacting, I would always hesitate from saying something can "never" happen.